MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope Vale is OK for Mugello this weekend.

Doesn't matter. The crash last weekend means is effectively out of the championship.

Doesn't matter. The crash last weekend means is effectively out of the championship.

"Some people" would say he was never in it, only capitalizing on others errors through his consistency............

:w00t:

Yeah, cos 3rd place and 6pts behind 2nd is "out of the championship"

Or did you forget to employ ye olde comic sans?

Vinales is on SUPER form, though. That lead is pretty darn impressive for so early in the championship. 

I said a long time ago that he still has at least one more championship in him. I believe that this is his year. 

I said a long time ago that he still has at least one more championship in him. I believe that this is his year. 

I so hope you are right.

I think Vinales has one or two falls left in him, so it will be a tight finish. 

Unfortunately the head says it will be Marques again. 

a lot can still happen, lets rather just wait for the fat lady to sing first...

I am 100% behind Pedrosa, I personally think he deserves it more and this year is looking like a good one. Gelling well with the bike and not making any major mistakes.

As for one more title for Rossi, anything is possible but he is up against it for sure. A lot more riders on the pace, with many improving. Going to be a good season......

a lot can still happen, lets rather just wait for the fat lady to sing first...

A lot can still happen, if the championship was only really between 2 people, I wouldn't be so pessimistic on his chances, BUT this year there are a few guys who could win. So all of them would have to suffer a DNF or two.

More competition means less room for DNFs. Making up 25 points when everybody finishes the races is tough.

A lot can still happen, if the championship was only really between 2 people, I wouldn't be so pessimistic on his chances, BUT this year there are a few guys who could win. So all of them would have to suffer a DNF or two.

More competition means less room for DNFs. Making up 25 points when everybody finishes the races is tough.

although the closeness of the racing will lead to more crashes

I agree, but that front tyre from Michelin is dodgy to say the least , even the old new one squishy..

although the closeness of the racing will lead to more crashes

You are right it will, however it rarely increases in proportion to the increased competition.

In other words if there are 2 guys who dominate in year one and 4 guys who are at the top year 2, there usually won't be double the amount of crashes between those 4.

I agree, but that front tyre from Michelin is dodgy to say the least , even the old new one squishy..

Problem is the Yamaha and Ducati boys like the squishy front end while the Honda which is more front heavy needs more support. Its a compromise with the single manufacturer which is why I would prefer to see more tyre manufacturers. It would even that area out at least.

I see Rossi has cancelled his Thursday racer conference appearance, opting for a 15-min briefing session instead. Possible withdrawal from the Mugello race?? His injuries are apparently worse than was reported. Very cagey press releases since the incident.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Problem is the Yamaha and Ducati boys like the squishy front end while the Honda which is more front heavy needs more support. Its a compromise with the single manufacturer which is why I would prefer to see more tyre manufacturers. It would even that area out at least.

I see Rossi has cancelled his Thursday racer conference appearance, opting for a 15-min briefing session instead. Possible withdrawal from the Mugello race?? His injuries are apparently worse than was reported. Very cagey press releases since the incident.

that would suck. But as an old man who rode dirt bikes well into my 40s I can say that it takes a hell of a lot longer to heal when you are older.