MotoGP

SeaBee

Same. Also, traction control and ABS. They're racers, FFS. 

Yes, let's have racers with broken backs wobbling around on crutches week in week out.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great ride by Brad, just what he needs to boost his confidence. 

Great to see VR46 on the top set again. 

Yes, let's have racers with broken backs wobbling around on crutches week in week out.

LOL. Yeah, I know. I was conflicted when writing that. In order to do it properly, they would have to drastically reduce the power output of the engines, or have super-human throttle control (a la 500cc okies back in the day) 

ABS would definitely be necessary in the wet... 

So ja. I dunno. I'd LIKE to see it without t/c, but I know it'd have to be subject to major changes in power delivery and so on. 

So do you guys think this 1 tyre manu rule is killing closer racing or not? Is the only purpose behind the 1 tyre rule costs?

Rossi pulled a JL on JL, it was a dominant display that. At least MM grew some brains and listened to Nakamoto in to finish the race!

Rossi & binder in one day and Sam lowes. Awesome . I remember bb racing around zwartkops in particular and knowing then that he was special. But this special absolutely brilliant ,go brad! Darren is also pretty flipping special. Talented brothers ????????????

So ja. I dunno. I'd LIKE to see it without t/c, but I know it'd have to be subject to major changes in power delivery and so on. 

Without traction control half of the field would be in hospital before the end of the first pre season test. I read an interview with Rossi where he said they wouldn't be able to make it out of the pits on the bikes if they didn't have traction control.

These bikes make 230 plus horsepower. Most 1000cc class road bikes have traction control nowadays.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Without traction control half of the field would be in hospital before the end of the first pre season test. I read an interview with Rossi where he said they wouldn't be able to make it out of the pits on the bikes if they didn't have traction control.

These bikes make 230 plus horsepower. Most 1000cc class road bikes have traction control nowadays.

All of them do, AFAIK. Most 600's have it as well.

Ah, man. What am I saying. POWERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab181/robos4/power-jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-power-demotivational-posters-1371363896_zps9aa1f941.jpg

All of them do, AFAIK. Most 600's have it as well.

Ah, man. What am I saying. POWERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

The Honda Fireblade does not. But there's apparently something special in the works RVF 1000 RR anyone?

The Honda Fireblade does not. But there's apparently something special in the works RVF 1000 RR anyone?

eek. Baby blade or the full 1000? If 1000, not a bike I'd like to ride without TC. 

ooooooooh... 

Oh. I still wanna see that 2 stroker around IOM. Watched the press day footage and OMFS that sound.... 

Except that Daz very nearly took out older boet on the first lap!  :eek:

ok,but that's racing. And he's still an over enthusiastic kid. But both talented none the less.

Obviously you would need more talent or ballas to manage a MotoGP bike without all the electronic aids; like those 500 and 750 (short lived) 2 strokes back in the day. They killed a few and crippled plenty.

But when you see these guys today sliding a MotoGP bike (any road race bike actually), pushing the front at 180kph; I respect that.

Obviously you would need more talent or ballas to manage a MotoGP bike without all the electronic aids; like those 500 and 750 (short lived) 2 strokes back in the day. They killed a few and crippled plenty.

But when you see these guys today sliding a MotoGP bike (any road race bike actually), pushing the front at 180kph; I respect that.

One word that we use a lot less than we did in the late 80s and early 90s.... "highside".