MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh. Three wins, in a row, with a 49 point advantage. Yes, it's a moer of a long season to go and we saw what happened last year between Kent and Olivera, but the fact remains that Navarro still hasn't won a race, Fenati is way too inconsistent and there will always be non-title contenders in the top running. As long as Brad keeps his powder dry, picking up the maximum points available without making mistakes, he's in for a shot at the title. I don't want to put the blinkers on him, but our boy is doing us proud!

Also, he has always acknowledged his team. He used to be a punk in Redbull Rookies, always blaming something else, but he has really matured over the last season and a half and taken a lot of responsibility on himself.

Just a pity Daryn isn't up the top with him. Imagine them both up on the podium. Maybe its still coming.

Stop making excuses for Honda and MM, and just admit that he was beaten by a better rider on a better bike.  :whistling:  :ph34r:

Which he was. Jorge at the moment is the strongest rider on the strongest bike. No-one denies that.

Stop making excuses for Honda and MM, and just admit that he was beaten by a better rider on a better bike.  :whistling:  :ph34r:

Better bike maybe yes :whistling: , unless they can't solve the motor blowing up issue.

JL was lucky, if he did 1 less lap in FP, his engine would have blown up on the 1st lap ... :ph34r:

Edited by Kraggie

Two motors in one race weekend, unfortunate yes. Still they (JL) was good enough to beat all comers.  :devil:

But how many times has it happened before that the motors blew up like that? Can't call it a problem, yet...... :ph34r:

Two motors in one race weekend, unfortunate yes. Still they (JL) was good enough to beat all comers.  :devil:

But how many times has it happened before that the motors blew up like that? Can't call it a problem, yet...... :ph34r:

I read an article on this on Monday (but I can't find it now) eluding to some theories why. It all started with this photograph:

http://i.imgur.com/IqeuZuU.jpg

Those saying the wings have no effect, look again.

However what this does, is force the back wheel in the air as they rise over the hump at 340+ KPH, the motor going at absolutely full tilt, and probably hitting the limiter. Having the engine overrev like that lap after lap after lap must have put some strain on the top-end, which is exactly the failure that both bikes had, white smoke bellowing out the exhaust and no oil being dropped.

It's a theory being thrown around, and does seem quite plausible. Yamaha might have also had to rev their engines higher than they wanted to keep up with the Ducati's last weekend, who knows. The Tech 3 bikes run slightly de-tuned versions which don't rev as high, they seemingly escaped with no issues.

It did seem strange to me that both the factory bikes suffered the same ailment, as the Yammies are normaly extremely reliable machines.

The theory you shared does make sense. 

He still has a long way to go, he will learn the PR game soon enough.

Looks good for the future, pity he gets no local recognition. Not much on the news apart from the odd one-liner in a newsfeed. No recognition from the Department of Sports, suppose he isn't BEE compliant.

they will probably want to ban him from taking part in interantional sport  :ph34r:

Those saying the wings have no effect, look again.

Are there still people saying it doesn't have effect?

Heard only a part of a chat with Stoner over the weekend - think it was between quali 1 and 2. He chatted about their effect in testing when he was still at Ducati. Biggest effect is in high-speed cornering - which maps exactly to the lifting/light rear wheel over crests, since the front end is pushed down at speed.

Stop making excuses for Honda and MM, and just admit that he was beaten by a better rider on a better bike. :whistling: :ph34r:

No excuses but JL himself said that he had given up and was just hanging in to see what happened. He was the best rider yes but there was a degree of luck too.

Wonder if Hrc will allow any mods if needed by Yamaha for the engine fix??

Called it:

“The failures were caused by an electronic issue related to the rev limiter which ultimately resulted in valve and piston damage. The cause for both Jorge's and Valentino's engine failures was the same. To be clear, there was neither an engine component nor a structural failure, it was purely an electronic control issue. "

“Valentino's failure was caused by an accidental over rev in acceleration that occurred jumping over a crest with full throttle at the end of the straight. This failure was not in any way related to the mistake made by Valentino at the San Donato corner on the lap before."