MotoGP

SeaBee

If you watch MM on a MX bike he’s pretty damn good. Was on par with Rossi at his Ranch before the bust up (many believe when MM rocked up with his own suspension guy for the fun event it was the beginning of the end of that love story). That might suggest he has the feel of riding “loose” bikes well. I stand corrected but you don’t see WhoreGay or Danny doing too much MX in training for example.

Hard to compare any athlete from different era’s in sport where technology has played such a big role.

There’s no proof that Doohan, Rainey or Schwantz could ride a modern MotoGP Bike at the front of the field either. Once again highlighting for me personally why Rossi is the best we’ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto, agree 100%.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto, agree 100%.

Sorry I just don't agree.

So because we can't prove that Senna would've been able to ride the current electronic crop of F1 cars he is not the greatest F1 driver??

Agostini would race 3 to 5 different classes over a given racing weekend but I suppose because we don't know if he could ride a RC213V he isn't the best GP rider ever....

Anyway, moving along........

Interesting interviews out of the test Tuesday/Wednesday. Honda looks in a good position already. Zarco reckons the 2017 M1 is awesome, same lap times but requiring less effort to ride. Ducati testing basically nothing.......

SK27, did you even read (and comprehend) the bold and underlined part properly.

I will again highlight the key word for you.

Once again highlighting for me  PERSONALLY why Rossi is the best we’ve ever seen.

OK, moving along now.

I think any rider who was top in his generation , would have been top in any other generation .

These guys were / are all the best of the best and can/ could adapt to different circumstances in their time , be it weather , different cuircuits , travelling , different continents etc .

Unfortunately we will never know , but it is the debating and differing opinions that is half the fun .

SK27, did you even read (and comprehend) the bold and underlined part properly.

I will again highlight the key word for you.

Once again highlighting for me  PERSONALLY why Rossi is the best we’ve ever seen.

OK, moving along now.

Some people's hate for others will blind them from seeing things even slightly impartially.

In the eyes of some, NOTHING Rossi will ever do will be seen as good. He could give all the money he ever earned to a charity, and the haters will say its an attention seeking thing.

Hater also cannot be convinced so dont waste your time trying.

Sorry I just don't agree.

So because we can't prove that Senna would've been able to ride the current electronic crop of F1 cars he is not the greatest F1 driver?? Yes, he didnt are long enough to be definitively called the GREATEST, he was amazing, great, brilliant. Was the the greatest during the time he raced, I think so, but we cannot say he was the GREATEST F1 driver.

Agostini would race 3 to 5 different classes over a given racing weekend but I suppose because we don't know if he could ride a RC213V he isn't the best GP rider ever....

Anyway, moving along........ Again, sure Agostini raced through multiple classes, but in those days the competition in most sports wasn't as competitive as today. In todays time, few sportsmen could jump disciplines and be competitive. I think MM is currently the best racer in MotoGP, but I do not think that of he had to race Moto3, Moto2 and MotoGP, setup, test, qualify and race 3 different bikes at the same time that he would be winning in all of them. Agostini was the greatest of his era.

Edited by Patchelicious

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That one.... 

pxzk_f-maxage-0.gif

Ha ha ha, He did top the time sheets in the last combined MotoGP and SBK test, end of last year. 

I think he is the UK's top rider at current, would ride rings around Smith.