MotoGP

SeaBee

Long story short is Lorenzo set the fastest 2 wheeled lap around Sepang and has a swagger in his step and is talking title already. IMO, it just means he will lead for an extra lap or 2 before being caught, but he may just surprise us. Riders following him reckon he is riding the bike much more naturally, very M1-like. If thats true he may be onto something........

Yamaha topped day 2 yet day 3 on the same bike, same tyre, same setup, same track condition couldn't match or beat their day 2 times when every other team did. Rossi is again saying he is confused, Vinales sulking in a corner, go figure. Looks like Ya,aha dropping the ball again. Rossi loves the new chassis and aero package.

Zarco loves the 2017 M1 that Rossi/Vinales hated, strange but true......

Miller is flying on the Duke, probably also why they prefer him over Petrucci.

The Honda riders are all there or there abouts. Motor looks good and they have agreed on the same spec which helps. Marquez doesn't like the new aero though.

Marquez and Vinales's times are deceptive as they were concentrating on race pace. Vinales able to knock 5 or 6 consecutive 2min flat lap times on old tyres around the race time of day. Would be all the more impressive if only Marquez wasn't able to string the exact same pace together but over 15 laps at a time........

KTM have no new parts, only refining what they had last year.

News on Suzuki is very scarce, not saying anything really except that Michael Dunlop had a few laps on day 1.

The new rookies haven't really featured at all, but give them time 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy balls this is huge

Tech 3 and Yamaha to part ways in 2019

Yamaha and Tech 3 have announced that 2018 will be their last season as partners in the FIM MotoGP™ World Championship, after 20 mutually successful years. Yamaha have accepted Tech 3’s decision and will provide full support to the team up to and including the last race of the 2018 season.

“We’ve been offered a deal, that includes something we’ve been waiting for almost since we started with Tech3 and I couldn’t say no.”

Wonder if they are looking towards becoming a factory team in 2019... a new manufacturer in the paddock next season?

I can only imagine that it will be Ducati satellite bikes with full factory support. But I will be very impressed if it's not the case. Herve knows a thing or two about motorcycle racing.

Edit: Having read a bit more, it could well be KTM. Which would also open the door for the VR46 squad to take over the Yamaha bikes, only if another team gives up their grid places, or merges with the new venture.

Interesting!!

Edited by bertusras

Most likely is KTM with factory backing I think. KTM has been looking for a satelite team ever since joining pretty much.

Makes more sense if the deal includes Zarco, he is contracted to Tech3 and not Yamaha I believe?

Bodes well for Binder too if he can keep it together this year and win the Moto2 title. Gives him a KTM satelite bike to slot onto next year.

Exciting news this, time for a decent shake-up. Feel for Yamaha though. It's a big blow.

Team slots are few and far between with Dorna not keen for more so may be just 2 factory Yamaha's next year with no satelite bikes. Unless Rossi can change their minds for a VR46 team which is very likely given his clout........

I can only imagine that it will be Ducati satellite bikes with full factory support. But I will be very impressed if it's not the case. Herve knows a thing or two about motorcycle racing.

Edit: Having read a bit more, it could well be KTM. Which would also open the door for the VR46 squad to take over the Yamaha bikes, only if another team gives up their grid places, or merges with the new venture.

Interesting!!

That's what I was thinking... 

That's what I was thinking... 

Well the more I've read about this, the more it seems like Tech 3 jumped before they got kicked. 

Conspiracy theory.... Lin Jarvis told him the tech 3 boys have to swop their machines for the crappy M1’s the factory guys were stuck with last year.

Conspiracy theory.... Lin Jarvis told him the tech 3 boys have to swop their machines for the crappy M1’s the factory guys were stuck with last year.

Not a theory but a fact. Funny thing is that Zarco was consistently top 5 at the Thai test on that crappy M1. Is he supremely talented or was the bike maybe not as bad as it was thought to be. He praised it compared to the 2016 bike.

Vinales is soooo negative, his interviews are painful to read

With Zarco eye-balling Rossi’s factory spot in the future I am sure he would tell them any bike they give him to ride is awesome

Nah, was just pulling the p*ss... I think Zarco is a fantastic rider and I am hoping he is gonna crack a win or two this year for sure. He's always been pretty smooth .... maybe helps him get on with the tyres a bit better than the factory guys did before?

As for MV, I dont think he’ll stop whinging until they change the casing in the front tyre back to how it was in pre - season last yr... the ou needs to htfu and get on with it for sure. If JL99 can learn to ride a duc in one season, he can learn a new tyre surely.

Maybe Maverick is just bleak that Zarco is stealing his thunder

Bring on the 18th!

• 3 weeks later...

At last race weekend has arrived

So Rossi extends contract to 2020

and 3 x world champion Luthi starts his apprenticeship

Really ?????