MotoGP

SeaBee

Was a but stoopid by Marc I think . He knew Rossi was much faster than him in the last bit , now he got no points . Tom also not on form on his Kawa in Sooperbikes .

I still have to say that the way Marc rides that bike is just awe inspiring. As long as the front is going in the right direction, he doesn't care if the rear is knocking shots in a dive-bar. He just RIDES. 

I also have to wonder what would have happened had he not gunned it like that in the opening laps - that must have added to the degradation woes.

Either way - Where are the Rossi Detractors now!? 

No cries of "he's an old man" "he's lost the edge" "he'll never be a title contender" "leave it to the young guns" ???

PAH

It's been a standard saying for the past 15 years or so - Write Him Off at Your Peril. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a ride from Rossi! To claw back more than 4s like that was simply amazing. In the visuals you could see the speed differential in the corners with Rossi being able to hold a much higher speed than Marquez.

Having said that I'm bitterly disappointed that Marc took himself out like that cos he really deserved the points.

Crutchlow's pass on the 2nd last corner was brilliant ans capitalised on the error by Iannone running wide.

If Marc had chosen the extra hard as he originally went with and not changed yo the hard rear on the grid it probably would have been an entirely different race

Goooooooo Vale!

Unbelievable. considering he was sitting in 8th position after lap 1 he clawed much more that just the 4 seconds back. Lovely to see he is still a bit of a clown as well. loved the Maradonna shirt at the end.

Unbelievable. considering he was sitting in 8th position after lap 1 he clawed much more that just the 4 seconds back. Lovely to see he is still a bit of a clown as well. loved the Maradonna shirt at the end.

yeah. But he was 5th at the first corner, until he got bumped by Dovi. 

He's still the master tactician though. Harder compound at every race so far. If they can get the same top end as the Duc (and remember, Yam have always been lower on power than the rest thanks to their adherence to the straight 4 vs everyone else on the V) then... well....

But what I'd also love to see is Marquez on the Duc. Sjoe. I reckon that thing is now tamed - far tamer than when Rossi used to ride it (and to a lesser extent Stoner - I think it was calmed down a lot by the time he took over from Vale)  and BLISTERINGLY powerful... 

Marques should of just taped of a fraction,but thought he was gonna go round the outside of the doctor on the next corner. Reminded me of Marc when he threw the moto 2 championship away with over zealous and not really a gap there moves.

Write vale of at your peril. He is the master tactician and as hard as he was pushing looked sooo smooth. He is still the master...

As for Cruthlow's move on crazy joe on the last corner.... You da man cal.

Loved his interview ,in typical cal fashion thanking the ppl who had written him off...lmfao brilliant.

yeah. But he was 5th at the first corner, until he got bumped by Dovi. 

He's still the master tactician though.

Ha Ha ... Ditto

Marques should of just taped of a fraction,but thought he was gonna go round the outside of the doctor on the next corner. Reminded me of Marc when he threw the moto 2 championship away with over zealous and not really a gap there moves.

Write vale of at your peril. He is the master tactician and as hard as he was pushing looked sooo smooth. He is still the master...

As for Cruthlow's move on crazy joe on the last corner.... You da man cal.

Loved his interview ,in typical cal fashion thanking the ppl who had written him off...lmfao brilliant.

Yeah, loved that! 

I just thought "oohhh - BURN!"

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/a6/a6c468487b49c08eeae29b7493dfed73c5d7fd7fc30c89ebdf6cdb6e99df2aa6.jpg

I think Marc met his match with the old dog Rossi who didn't back off when a bit of paint was being swapped.  What goes around comes around. Interesting to see how it pans out and lucky he wasn't hurt.

It must be a motivating factor for him to prove them wrong!  He's a great rider though - the Tech 3 bikes haven't been doing anywhere near as well as they were when Cal and Dovi were riding them.

I'm seriously impressed with the Suzuki though!  2nd in qualifying and then doing well-ish for the first few laps.  It's very clearly down on speed, and EsA was pushing too hard through the corners to make up the difference.  A bit more speed and he'll be right up there.  Impressive being only three rounds in.

I only watched the complete race last night (PVR'ed it)

Is it my imagination, but Rossi's bike did not lack the top speed to sit with the Duke's, and then drop them down the straights. He even reeled MM in down the straights, and sat on his wheel no problem. Even Lorenzo had no problem keeping up with the Hondas and Dukes down the straights.

I only watched the complete race last night (PVR'ed it)

Is it my imagination, but Rossi's bike did not lack the top speed to sit with the Duke's, and then drop them down the straights. He even reeled MM in down the straights, and sat on his wheel no problem. Even Lorenzo had no problem keeping up with the Hondas and Dukes down the straights.

Him keeping up with the Honda in the straights was solely down to the drive he was able to get through the corners. He was way faster, and as such was able to keep up with them when their tyres got blasted. 

He looked fast even before the others tyres wen off.  Look at the aerial shots of him riding behind Lorenzo - he was clearly a LOT faster and being held up.  The corner speed that he can carry is ridiculous, and that gives him the excessive drive out of the corners.  There are no seriously long straights on this track, so the Duc's didn't get to play their advantage card.

Last year by this stage it was Marc's season to lose.  This year he's not even featuring in the top 4.  It's going to be an exciting season!

Watched sbk & super sport last last night,did anybody watch 2nd sbk race...damn did it get a it tasty. Sykes is just not coping with the changes they had to make to his bike. Or do they have his measure? Seems like a few seasons ago when he would drop back after a battle with biaggi coz he's cooked his tyres.

But omg was the 2nd race entertaining.... Not as good as moto 3 but not far off.

He looked fast even before the others tyres wen off.  Look at the aerial shots of him riding behind Lorenzo - he was clearly a LOT faster and being held up.  The corner speed that he can carry is ridiculous, and that gives him the excessive drive out of the corners.  There are no seriously long straights on this track, so the Duc's didn't get to play their advantage card.

Last year by this stage it was Marc's season to lose.  This year he's not even featuring in the top 4.  It's going to be an exciting season!

that is true, yes. Even though Marc has higher lean angles, if you remember the comparison between them in race 1 it was pointed out that Rossi is very, very smooth whereas Lorenzo and Marquez are very aggressive over-the-front type riders. The smoothness helps in the corners thanks to (I'm assuming) the extra momentum he carries. 

Watched sbk & super sport last last night,did anybody watch 2nd sbk race...damn did it get a it tasty. Sykes is just not coping with the changes they had to make to his bike. Or do they have his measure? Seems like a few seasons ago when he would drop back after a battle with biaggi coz he's cooked his tyres.

But omg was the 2nd race entertaining.... Not as good as moto 3 but not far off.

Start a SBK thread.

This is the motoGP thread...  :whistling: