MotoGP

SeaBee

I miss those days of Stoner VS Lorenzo VS Pedrosa where they would trade best lap times. No actual racing because they were always just over/under a second apart.

Must say, Lorenzo is not well liked but I could watch him lap on his own when he is in a rhythm. Stoner was just as good to watch but for different reasons. Used to man handle the bike around a track, very similar to Marquez which is why I support Marc. Love that riding style.

Honestly would love to see Marc go to Ducati and wrestle that beast to multiple titles. If anyone can, it's him for sure!!!!

He certainly has the talent, and is Stoneresque, who let’s face it was the only guy to actually come to grips with the Duke.

But at 59kgs, I’m not sure the little chorizo has enough umf? But look, he has proven many other doubters wrong. Maybe one day he will go, but it will likely be after a milestone like a 5th MotoGP championship or something.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He certainly has the talent, and is Stoneresque, who let’s face it was the only guy to actually come to grips with the Duke.

But at 59kgs, I’m not sure the little chorizo has enough umf? But look, he has proven many other doubters wrong. Maybe one day he will go, but it will likely be after a milestone like a 5th MotoGP championship or something.

Do you agree with so many of the Rossi supporters, that unless he moves to another manufacturer and wins a title that he is somehow just not as good as other champions who have?

For example, if he were to win 12 titles, but stayed at Honda. Would this be seen as a lesser feat than to Rossi's 9 titles?

Is it worth the risk, personally and financially? Look what it did to Rossi. Cost him his 10th title moving to Ducati, lets not even start with what it is doing to Lorenzo..........

Always sounds more like people trying to stem the tide as MM will most probably beat a lot more records. Making him switch may be the only way to stop him.....

You can't compare MM93 with VR46, as he has not won a title on the 500cc stroker, on different bikes, back to back..... :ph34r:  :whistling: 

This crap again........

This is where you discount a Doohan or Rainey or Schwantz, etc because they never won a beast of a 4T bike. Same anology to keep your hero on a pedestal. No wait, you wouldn't do that because they never beat VR46 so they can't possibly be better right??

They are all pretty useless compared to Agostini who competed in various classes on vastly different bikes all ON THE SAME DAY then!!!!

Loeb was a rubbish rally driver too with his 7 world titles because he never drove a Group B beast.

Shall I continue.........

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

This crap again........

This is where you discount a Doohan or Rainey or Schwantz, etc because they never won a beast of a 4T bike. Same anology to keep your hero on a pedestal. No wait, you wouldn't do that because they never beat VR46 so they can't possibly be better right??

They are all pretty useless compared to Agostini who competed in various classes on vastly different bikes all ON THE SAME DAY then!!!!

Loeb was a rubbish rally driver too with his 7 world titles because he never drove a Group B beast.

Shall I continue.........

And Rossi hasn't won at title on a 1000cc so he must be pretty ***...

:P

Do you agree with so many of the Rossi supporters, that unless he moves to another manufacturer and wins a title that he is somehow just not as good as other champions who have?

No, thats just a mechanism for Rossi supporters to give MM supporters some grief.

If he changes to Ducati and wins, the argument will change to "MM has never won a 2 stroke". 

You can have these tit for tat things all day, makes no difference. If MM wins 10 titles on a Honda, good for him. Nobody forced Rossi to Yamaha or Ducati. He made the Yammie work, he couldn't make the Ducati work, its life.

Winning on multiple bikes does make for a more "balanced champion" I suppose, but its doesn't make as much difference as those who support a rider who has won on different bikes, make it out to be.

Edited by Patchelicious

You can't compare MM93 with VR46, as he has not won a title on the 500cc stroker, on different bikes, back to back..... :ph34r:  :whistling: 

And Rossi hasn't won at title on a 1000cc so he must be pretty ***...

:P

Identity politics in action.

I would love to see how well MM handles a 'stroker, as raced by Doohan, Schwantz, Rainey, Rossi, etc.

I think he should be able to tame the beast, with him drifting bikes into corners, etc.

Look, he's immensely talented, but I just cannot support him, because he rides a Honda.....

I would love to see how well MM handles a 'stroker, as raced by Doohan, Schwantz, Rainey, Rossi, etc.

I think he should be able to tame the beast, with him drifting bikes into corners, etc.

Look, he's immensely talented, but I just cannot support him, because he rides a Honda.....

I would love to see how Douchen, Schwartz and Rainey handle a 300hp, 400kmh, 60 degree lean angle 2018 MotoGP bike too. Imagine asking them for electronics feedback. 

Look, the skills that were required to win 20 years ago in most motorsports has changed. Different skills are now required, not better or worse, DIFFERENT. It grinds my tits when people (who are usually from the era) say that the racers of old were "real racers".

The fact that Rossi has won on 500cc and MotoGPs, makes him extra special, it doesn't make MM less special.

MotoGP Austin: ‘I was fast enough to be second’ - Crutchlow

Patch , the above quote just for you .....Posted on BikeSportnews.com

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

In order to be fast enough for second place, one must FINISH THE FRIKKIN RACE in second place. 

Please tell me he actually said that???

Found it:

“I’m not a sixth-place rider this year. It’s as simple as that. So I’m not going to settle for sixth. I was nowhere near a sixth-place rider today. I was fast enough to be second,” insisted Crutchlow.

Edited by Patchelicious

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go!!! Silly season is kicking off!

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/pol-espargaro-ktm-contract-2019-2020/

Espargaro re-signs with KTM. Zarco most probably joining him (despite having an HRC offer to join Marquez???). Lorenzo to Suzuki seems like a done deal. Suzuki to try and convince Marc VDS to take on their satellite effort. Who will take the second Ducati seat? 

I'm so excited my nipples are tingling, and then there's still the race on Sunday as well!!!!