MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcs crash show he still has a bit to learn before I can consider him a true racer like Rossi, Doohan, Hailwood etc.

Currently he is just the fastest.... but needs to learn some patience too :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not so much MotoGP related but it seems Yamaha are really calling in the big guns to try and win the Suzuka 8hr for the first ime in 19 years, also in the hopes of winning in the 60th anniversary year.

It is confirmed that Pol Espagaro and Bradley Smith from the Tech 3 MotoGP team will race the 8hr event. It seems Rossi himself has been doing a lot of testing at Misano of the R1 they will race.

All this following on the team announcement of Casey Stoner and Michael van der Bank for Honda. Both teams will use the respective Japanese factory test riders.

Should be a good race I reckon.

That should be an epic race to watch

(the highlights package...  :ph34r: )

I reckon the whole race might be interesting, always something happening.

Have you tried the 24hr Bol 'dor race. The night portion is usually very entertaining. I know John Mcguiness has ridden it before. They have a classic class which is cool.

I reckon the whole race might be interesting, always something happening.

Have you tried the 24hr Bol 'dor race. The night portion is usually very entertaining. I know John Mcguiness has ridden it before. They have a classic class which is cool.

Two years ago I watched something stupid like 16 hours of it on the way to our local boy Sheridan Morais and team finishing 2nd. It was amazing! I also failed the exam I was supposed to be studying for on Monday.

Two years ago I watched something stupid like 16 hours of it on the way to our local boy Sheridan Morais and team finishing 2nd. It was amazing! I also failed the exam I was supposed to be studying for on Monday.

It's funny how ANYTHING becomes so valid and important when you're supposed to sit down and start crunching some studies! This hazard really tripped me up as a younger chap!

• 3 weeks later...

Marcs crash show he still has a bit to learn before I can consider him a true racer like Rossi, Doohan, Hailwood etc.

Currently he is just the fastest.... but needs to learn some patience too :)

Two months later and I still stand by this statement.

Marc is proving that he is a not only a little too impatient, but his reaction after qualifying last time out, shows that he is a brat. I must say that I am disappointing, I really thought he was going to fill Rossi's shoes, but he seems more like an arrogant Doohan type now.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Delta_Rat/Web/1139_zpszlw8hg4d.jpg

Lol, in his defence he didn't ram anybody although it is probably only a matter of time before he does. He was SOOOOO close to lorenzo yesterday!!!

Two months later and I still stand by this statement.

Marc is proving that he is a not only a little too impatient, but his reaction after qualifying last time out, shows that he is a brat. I must say that I am disappointing, I really thought he was going to fill Rossi's shoes, but he seems more like an arrogant Doohan type now.

I think we could do with less prima-donna's like Rossi, and more gritty ride-it-like-you-stole-it riders like Doohan. Way to many prissy, moaning ninnies in MotoGP. (Not talking towards talent but rather personalities)

As an example, Crutchlow, who has a habit of chucking bikes down the road and moaning, actually said he was on for a podium before Aleix knocked him off. In what dream world was he ever going to podium!!!

Marquez is impatient I agree, but he will bounce back. That Honda has been on a downward trend for the last few years. You can only ride around a problem/s for so long. They need some serious work to get back up with the Yammies.

Here's an interesting read, seems Honda's problems date back to as early as Stoners last year, 2012:

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/slow-decline-honda-rc213v-lessons-stefan-bradl-alvaro-bautista/

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Easy to look all cool and composed when everything is going your way. Suddenly when the heat is on, there is pressure. You can't always just answer pressure by blowing it away. Sure he'll learn more from this season than from last.

However, I think if he had taken Lorenzo out yesterday, there would have been a sheet-storm of note.

Thanks SK, was about to ask about the Doohan comment... he never seemed overly arrogant to me. 

Oh, on top of everything else - loved the fact that the Suzi's were in the mix as well.

Lol, in his defence he didn't ram anybody although it is probably only a matter of time before he does. He was SOOOOO close to lorenzo yesterday!!!

I think we could do with less prima-donna's like Rossi, and more gritty ride-it-like-you-stole-it riders like Doohan. Way to many prissy, moaning ninnies in MotoGP. (Not talking towards talent but rather personalities)

As an example, Crutchlow, who has a habit of chucking bikes down the road and moaning, actually said he was on for a podium before Aleix knocked him off. In what dream world was he ever going to podium!!!

Marquez is impatient I agree, but he will bounce back. That Honda has been on a downward trend for the last few years. You can only ride around a problem/s for so long. They need some serious work to get back up with the Yammies.

Here's an interesting read, seems Honda's problems date back to as early as Stoners last year, 2012:

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/slow-decline-honda-rc213v-lessons-stefan-bradl-alvaro-bautista/

I really do not think Rossi is prima-donna, I have been watching him since 1997 and he has always been fun, winning or losing, doesnt throw tantrums etc..

On the bouncing back thing, I really hope he does otherwise he will be become the new Sete and that will be a pity.

Like I said, I have high hopes for the kid, and he has tons of talent. But he must behave like a big boy if he wants to race the big boys.

If Marc and The Hobbit cant develop a bike, then well thats a big problem.

Riding around the problem is sheer talent, developing a championship winning bike is different type of skill.

Easy to look all cool and composed when everything is going your way. Suddenly when the heat is on, there is pressure. You can't always just answer pressure by blowing it away. Sure he'll learn more from this season than from last.

However, I think if he had taken Lorenzo out yesterday, there would have been a sheet-storm of note.

Thanks SK, was about to ask about the Doohan comment... he never seemed overly arrogant to me. 

Oh, on top of everything else - loved the fact that the Suzi's were in the mix as well.

I must say that I could be wrong here about comparing Doohan and MArc, but that was the impression I got of him towards the end of his career, but mostly afterwards actually. He wasn't a show off type arrogant, but more like "I am the best so f%^ YOU" type of arrogance. (He was the best, to his credit)

I really do not think Rossi is prima-donna, I have been watching him since 1997 and he has always been fun, winning or losing, doesnt throw tantrums etc..

On the bouncing back thing, I really hope he does otherwise he will be become the new Sete and that will be a pity.

Like I said, I have high hopes for the kid, and he has tons of talent. But he must behave like a big boy if he wants to race the big boys.

If Marc and The Hobbit cant develop a bike, then well thats a big problem.

Riding around the problem is sheer talent, developing a championship winning bike is different type of skill.

I must say that I could be wrong here about comparing Doohan and MArc, but that was the impression I got of him towards the end of his career, but mostly afterwards actually. He wasn't a show off type arrogant, but more like "I am the best so f%^ YOU" type of arrogance. (He was the best, to his credit)

Just 2 points: Rossi not throwing tantrums, I suppose Biaggi punched himself on the way to the podium(forget which race, infamous bee sting quip from Max), Rossi also actively blocked Stoner signing for the factory Yamaha in 2007 which ironically got him Jorge as a teammate that effectively made him leave Yamaha after tekking them to pick. led to his disastrous 2 years at Ducati.

Secondly, Marquez can never be compared to Sete. Sete may have won a race of 4 but was never championship material.

Edit: (Just read thorugh this and it sounds very confrontational, it isn't. Just trying to get my points across)

I do think Marc struggles with PR, I get the feeling he would tell everybody the Honda is crap and unrideable if he could but obviously that's not possible.

It would be cool to see him leave them for another team to show what he is capable of on different machinery.

1 can dream......

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Just 2 points: Rossi not throwing tantrums, I suppose Biaggi punched himself on the way to the podium(forget which race, infamous bee sting quip from Max), Rossi also actively blocked Stoner signing for the factory Yamaha in 2007 which ironically got him Jorge as a teammate that effectively made him leave Yamaha after tekking them to pick. led to his disastrous 2 years at Ducati.

Secondly, Marquez can never be compared to Sete. Sete may have won a race of 4 but was never championship material.

Edit: (Just read thorugh this and it sounds very confrontational, it isn't. Just trying to get my points across)

I do think Marc struggles with PR, I get the feeling he would tell everybody the Honda is crap and unrideable if he could but obviously that's not possible.

It would be cool to see him leave them for another team to show what he is capable of on different machinery.

1 can dream......

You forgot Rossi's move on Sete...

Rossi is racer, there were incidents, of course. How these incidents were handled is what makes someone a primi-donna or not. Sete holding his arm, and not being able to walk up the podium is a prima donna move, like Marc storming out of the pits when he missed Q2.

I am not saying Rossi is a saint, by no means. Sometime he did what it took to win, like Schumie, I am just saying that he handled the good and the bad press very well... didnt cry and scream, sulk even during those terrible Ducati years.

I agree, and hope that we cannot compare Marc to Sete. Like I said if he DOESNT bounce back... we will remember him as a talent that didn't achieve what he could have, like Sete.

Hopefully he pulls himself together and gets over his this. If he does he is unstoppable.

As for punching Biaggi, I am surprised more people didn't punch him hehe... (says me who has a Biaggi Replica RS250 ;) )

Edit: Dont stress about this: (Just read thorugh this and it sounds very confrontational, it isn't. Just trying to get my points across) - People are allowed to have different opinions, I appreciate it :)

Edited by Patchelicious

You forgot Rossi's move on Sete...

Rossi is racer, there were incidents, of course. How these incidents were handled is what makes someone a primi-donna or not. Sete holding his arm, and not being able to walk up the podium is a prima donna move, like Marc storming out of the pits when he missed Q2.

I am not saying Rossi is a saint, by no means. Sometime he did what it took to win, like Schumie, I am just saying that he handled the good and the bad press very well... didnt cry and scream, sulk even during those terrible Ducati years.

I agree, and hope that we cannot compare Marc to Sete. Like I said if he DOESNT bounce back... we will remember him as a talent that didn't achieve what he could have, like Sete.

Hopefully he pulls himself together and gets over his this. If he does he is unstoppable.

As for punching Biaggi, I am surprised more people didn't punch him hehe... (says me who has a Biaggi Replica RS250 ;) )

Edit: Dont stress about this: (Just read thorugh this and it sounds very confrontational, it isn't. Just trying to get my points across) - People are allowed to have different opinions, I appreciate it :)

I still dream about having a RS250, would love a Casey stoner replica though:

post-35569-0-75009800-1434369320_thumb.jpg

Post a pic of yours.