MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honda need Camier back, these other two are nowhere...

Uh,

Did not start

Leon Camier GBR Moriwaki Althea Honda Team

Edit:

“I think Warokorn hit Mercado in front of me. He went down and I literally had nowhere to go and unfortunately I hit him and crashed. He seemed out in that moment, so I tried to get the race stopped immediately. I just hope he is ok. I also damaged my knee in the crash and so could not take part in Race 2. I need to go back to Andorra, and have it checked by my doctor, then we will see what we need to do and make a plan for my recovery. As for the race, up until that moment, I was suffering with similar issues to yesterday to be honest, so I was struggling although I was trying to do the best I could.”

Edited by bertusras

Uh,

Did not start

Leon Camier GBR Moriwaki Althea Honda Team

Edit:

Camier finished 14th in Race 1, had a massive crash in the SP race and was declared unfit for race 2........ Honda is struggling.

I see Ten Kata is close to signing a deal and being at round 3, no waord on the manufacturer but I have read possibly Suzuki. I hope!!!!

Bautista is just better than Rea. Yes the bike is like 4mph quicker in a straight line. I think the biggest difference by far is lap time consistency over the full race distance. This is where the MotoGP guys excel compared to WSBK.

I see Rea really getting physical, trying to put Alvaro off his game. That will not end well I am afraid. The race 1 move was legit, 2 different lines and Rea did a block pass.

Going to be a good season, aside from Bautista the other Ducati's seem to be pretty average.

Yammie looking good, I reckon Sykes will also get better as they develop the bike!!!

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

So the verdict will come out in the next day or so on the Ducati aero dispute.

From what I have read it is not looking good for Ducati.

Aprilia commissioned Sauber/Alfa to run simulations and the little spoiler does indeed contribute to aero and not just tyre cooling.

I also think Gig and Domenicali were extremely arrogant choosing to run the part when all the teams said they would dispute the outcome should they go ahead. I don't believe they should remove Dovi's win, but they do need to control the aero developments as it will bring 1 or 2 teams to the front and we will end up with a F1 situation where only a select few are actually able to win, depending on their budget.......

Yeah it's going to be interesting this one. I know a lot of fans are saying that results shouldn't be determined in court, and to an extent I agree, but I also feel that blatant exploitation of the rules should be stopped.

I also think that it is arrogant of Ducati to claim the high ground by saying this battle shouldn't be fought in court, when all other manufacturers apart from Yamaha said that they will go to court if Ducati runs the parts during the race.

I do believe that Aprilia are the main force behind this, and not Honda, as some might suggest, as Aprilia wanted to put wings on the sides of the swingarm and it got shot down by Danny Aldridge, but Ducati then put a wing underneath the swingarm for "cooling", which unfortunately Mr. Petrucci stated was NOT for cooling, which I think is going to be the thing that finally bites them in the ass.

And I agree, this aero business should be nipped in the bud, or it needs to be totally opened up. Ducati will continue to push the boundaries though, which I do appreciate. I mean, what the guys did are pretty damn clever.

Also agree that Dovi shouldn't be stripped of the win (mixed feelings about this due to other events in the past), but Ducati should be losing the constructors and teams points for Qatar should it be proven to be illegal.

Yeah it's going to be interesting this one. I know a lot of fans are saying that results shouldn't be determined in court, and to an extent I agree, but I also feel that blatant exploitation of the rules should be stopped.

I also think that it is arrogant of Ducati to claim the high ground by saying this battle shouldn't be fought in court, when all other manufacturers apart from Yamaha said that they will go to court if Ducati runs the parts during the race.

I do believe that Aprilia are the main force behind this, and not Honda, as some might suggest, as Aprilia wanted to put wings on the sides of the swingarm and it got shot down by Danny Aldridge, but Ducati then put a wing underneath the swingarm for "cooling", which unfortunately Mr. Petrucci stated was NOT for cooling, which I think is going to be the thing that finally bites them in the ass.

And I agree, this aero business should be nipped in the bud, or it needs to be totally opened up. Ducati will continue to push the boundaries though, which I do appreciate. I mean, what the guys did are pretty damn clever.

Also agree that Dovi shouldn't be stripped of the win (mixed feelings about this due to other events in the past), but Ducati should be losing the constructors and teams points for Qatar should it be proven to be illegal.

I read that a week before the first race Ducati, put in a request for clarity on the little spoiler Yamaha used at Valencia for water deflection.

The way Ducati put it was to sneakily get it in writing that it must not attach to the bodywork, knowing were going to attach it to the swingarm.

Very underhanded.....

Chill dude, it’s only been one race. I’m sure Honda will win one and untie that knot in your panty pants. ????

Positive contribution to the conversation, thanks........

Good. Now Honda can rather concertate on not knocking other riders off and riding in the correct direction around the track.

Sure.

Anyways, I don't think that this saga is over just yet:

The request to declare the Device illegal and ban its use in future races is rejected. An appeal against this decision may be lodged before the Court of Arbitration of Sport (CAS) in Lausanne Switzerland within 5 days pursuant to Article 3.9 of the 2019 FIM World Championship Grand Prix Regulations.  

Sure.

Anyways, I don't think that this saga is over just yet:

They will appeal, Aprilia for sure.

They should leave the result as is and not allow the parts use going forward based on the info.

Gotta love this comment:

Surprising result and all of that, but pat on the back to team Ducati.   They came this season to win and the rule of winning is to understand the rulebook in and out and develop as far as you can within the written guidelines. Gigi and team crew lread the rulebook, looking for whitespace and they found it.  It's gonna pay off this season.  

Next season, swingarm aero will be banned and Dovi will have winglets on the shoulders of is Alpinestars leathers.