MotoGP

SeaBee

I don't think they would have done it behind his back, I just don't think they would have asked his approval.

I wouldn't put it past HRC, but MM is pretty much their saving grace. I am sure he pulls more weight than that in the HRC garage.

Perhaps he knew and it simply didn't matter to him? Remember, winning at all costs means just that.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A thought just occurred to me so when MM93 signed for 4 years knowing his boet would be with him. Now that's its a sealed deal they decide to sign someone else as his team mate so quick for next year... Wonder if he's happy about that?

I also think MM93's deal was done a long time before AM73's deal was on the table?

You would think that given what has happened with Covid, all 1-year contracts would be extended so that you at least allow your rider to prove himself.  Seems hardly fair that a rider (especially a Rookie) is judged on 3 days of practice and 6 months of racing.  Everyone was in agreement that the Rookies would probably take until the spring break to really get to grips with a MotoGP bike.  If I was AM I would be just a little peeved.  Same with Brad - took him half a season to get the 765 Triumph-engined bike to perform.  He's not going to have that same luxury now if he's only on a 1 year deal.

I'm not a great Repsol Honda fan so I would love it if AM comes good on the Repsol and is a genuine podium contender.  Show them a fat middle finger.....

I also think MM93's deal was done a long time before AM73's deal was on the table?

Nope Marc's contract followed Alex's. Pretty open secret that the former helped smooth over the latter.

They are also pretty close.

That being said Marc continues to say he had nothing to do with it and actually said they shouldn't sign Alex.

You would think that given what has happened with Covid, all 1-year contracts would be extended so that you at least allow your rider to prove himself.  Seems hardly fair that a rider (especially a Rookie) is judged on 3 days of practice and 6 months of racing.  Everyone was in agreement that the Rookies would probably take until the spring break to really get to grips with a MotoGP bike.  If I was AM I would be just a little peeved.  Same with Brad - took him half a season to get the 765 Triumph-engined bike to perform.  He's not going to have that same luxury now if he's only on a 1 year deal.

I'm not a great Repsol Honda fan so I would love it if AM comes good on the Repsol and is a genuine podium contender.  Show them a fat middle finger.....

Agreed, thats why Petronas even tried to say everything should roll on a year, as if 2020 never existed.

It was their feeble attempt at trying to hold on to Fabio for another year.....

Nope Marc's contract followed Alex's. Pretty open secret that the former helped smooth over the latter.

They are also pretty close.

That being said Marc continues to say he had nothing to do with it and actually said they shouldn't sign Alex.

I stand corrected then, thanks!

Agreed, thats why Petronas even tried to say everything should roll on a year, as if 2020 never existed.

It was their feeble attempt at trying to hold on to Fabio for another year.....

Or giving someone else another year to consider retirement...  :whistling:

I stand corrected then, thanks!

Or giving someone else another year to consider retirement...  :whistling:

With the first, there is a lot of rumour and speculation. Alex and Marc are pretty close. I honestly hope, in a way, that this pushes Marc to move to another manufacturer. He is a smart rider so i doubt it.

On the second, I will only say it is pretty sad that a development team seems to be the only possible destination. Again, at the expense of younger talent......

I have been saying for a while that Honda need Pol on that bike .

Watch him ride the KTM .... He is 100% all the time .

I think his aggressive style will suite the Honda , and if nothing else he has a few years worth of experience in the MotoGP category . Is he a better option than AM73 ??? And is it a done deal ??Time will tell .

If he does move , it certainly puts BB33 in a better position to be the number 1 rider . ( Unless KTM have signed Dovi , as the rumour mill suggests ) .

new motogp calendar has been published...7 races in spain.... i had tickets to silverstone and its not on the calendar at all. 

7 races in spain.... may as well call it the spanish motogp series

new motogp calendar has been published...7 races in spain.... i had tickets to silverstone and its not on the calendar at all. 

7 races in spain.... may as well call it the spanish motogp series

Well Supercross is finishing in one stadium in Salt Lake City, racing has been great. 

Not sure what the problem is at least there will be racing. 

Well Supercross is finishing in one stadium in Salt Lake City, racing has been great. 

Not sure what the problem is at least there will be racing. 

I relish the opportunity to watch motogp racing thats for sure. 

7 races in spain seems a tad lopsided though . Try and even it out a bit. no race in UK as an example. 

Suppose it has nothing to do with Dorna, Repsol, MM being Spanish. MotoGP is “owned” by the Spanish like the Italian’s owner SBK

100%, it has nothing to do with the above.

Diff government regulations during COVID, basically.

Don’t buy that.

Only 1 race in a number of countries where they could have had 2. UK allowing football, cricket etc.

I suspect patch has the answer. Spain already has more than any other country.

France is another big motorcycling country, only 1 race.

Politics involved here.