MotoGP

SeaBee

He keeps attacking an opinion that was never given because it deflects from MM's actions.

Few people here have said Rossi is "innocent". The MM supporters keep saying Rossi is guilty, but never answer the question you and others have posed:

Do you agree with MM actions? Its a simply yes no to be honest, but that keeps getting avoided because we (both sides of the fence) know that MM acted like a knob.

Depends on what actions you refer to, Assen yes for example, Sepang no. I would call him a douche/knob if it could be proven that he did interfere, but that proof is only in the telemetry data sitting with HRC. The outrage about this is because Rossi mentioned it and now everyone sees it around every corner and points fingers.

So let's say Rossi never said anything in the press conference, would MM still be called a knob for interfering? I'm 1000% sure none of us here would have known any better of what was going on, it would have looked like a normal dice, until Rossi pushed him wide.

Edited by Kraggie

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on what actions you refer to. I would call him a douche/knob if it could be proven that he did interfere, but that proof is only in the telemetry data sitting with HRC. The outrage about this is because Rossi mentioned it and now everyone sees it around every corner and points fingers.

So let's say Rossi never said anything in the press conference, would MM still be called a knob for interfering? I'm 1000% sure none of us here would have known any better of what was going on, it would have looked like a normal dice, until Rossi pushed him wide.

Could not agree more, like Dave Emmets article says aftre Phillip Island everybody was lauding it as the race of the decade. Go back and read on this thread and you will see.

Only AFTER Rossi dropped his tin-foil hat conspiracy theories, everybody jumped on that bandwagon.

Your post however makes way too much sense, please refrain from anything similar in the future.

In that same article Dovi is quoted as saying everybody knows Lorenzo is faster. Tough pill to swallow that.

I wish HRC would release the telemetry, I mean you could see MM was fighting the bike. So if he and VR were running similar pace should he just have stayed behind him even though neither had the pace to catch the front 2? 

I mean who in their right mind would possibly want to fight for the final podium position.......

Could not agree more, like Dave Emmets article says aftre Phillip Island everybody was lauding it as the race of the decade. Go back and read on this thread and you will see.

Only AFTER Rossi dropped his tin-foil hat conspiracy theories, everybody jumped on that bandwagon.

Your post however makes way too much sense, please refrain from anything similar in the future.

In that same article Dovi is quoted as saying everybody knows Lorenzo is faster. Tough pill to swallow that.

I wish HRC would release the telemetry, I mean you could see MM was fighting the bike. So if he and VR were running similar pace should he just have stayed behind him even though neither had the pace to catch the front 2? 

I mean who in their right mind would possibly want to fight for the final podium position.......

except that - like the article says - they dont normally fight like that in the opening laps. they try to work together to catch the leaders.

for me, I feel cheated. i have watched every race and was so looking forward to the grand finale. now its not to be. i blame both parties equally but because rossi is second only to the pope in my books, i blame MM more   :)

Edited by facmp

I wish HRC would release the telemetry...

And mm decided to disprove these so called "tin-foil hat conspiracy theories " this wkd right ?

So do we all wish Honda would put these so called conspiracy theories to bed by posting mm telemetry....we wait with baited breath!

And mm decided to disprove these so called "tin-foil hat conspiracy theories " this wkd right ?

So do we all wish Honda would put these so called conspiracy theories to bed by posting mm telemetry....we wait with baited breath!

MM was fighting for 3rd position, again the side of the fence that your allegiance lies will determine whether it be a conspiracy or not. I do agree that had it been a fight with Crutchlow for example that he would maybe not have fought so hard, unfortunately Rossi's hissy fit on Thursday had its fallout.

So, do I think MM intentionally interfered at PI - No it was a straight up fight by 4 of the best riders at the moment.

Did he do so in Sepang - Yes, but only because of Rossi's attitude and personal attack on him on Thursday and then continuing over the entire weekend.

Its interesting to read that he actually made the same sort of accusation, indirectly, by approaching Pedrosa after Aragon to ask why he put up a fight. That says a lot!!!

We will wait till hell freezes over I reckon.

After Phillip Island they covered MM tyres quicker than cop takes a bribe because it reveals a lot about setup, engine tune, etc. The telemetry would reveal much more, giving  too much info to the opposition with regards to lean ange, throttle opening, etc, etc.

Pity though because it could help shutdown all the keyboard battles going on around the world.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

My advice?

Grab a seat in front of the telly next weekend and be prepared for two things....

1. Watch him go through the motions from the back of the grid picking off back markers one by one (More likely two by two) and hoping for a top 10 finish....

OR

2. Tyre smoke off the line, visible frothing from inside that AGV (more than likely with some sarcastic paint job on his lid ;)  ) while he chases down that little brat and stomps on him again (legally of course) and then proceed to take a chunk out of JL and win the championship.

Now wouldn't that be nice.........

Okay. So. The numbers. 

If it's a tie, Lorenzo wins due to having more 1st places. 

If Lorenzo finishes 1st, Rossi has to finish 2nd

If Lorenzo finishes 2nd, Rossi has to finish 3rd.

If Lorenzo finishes 3rd, Rossi has to finish 6th or higher

If Lorenzo finishes 4th, Rossi has to finish 9th or higher

If Lorenzo finishes 5th, Rossi has to finish 11th or higher

Barring a crash or mechanical failure, or some other unforseeable incident, I don't see Lorenzo finishing outside the top 3. Top 4 at a push. If he gets in front, we know Marquez won't work to pass him. That's a given, seeing how petty he was these past few weeks. That means that Rossi needs to push as hard as possible, and go for at least a 2nd place finish - a tough ask, given that there's all that talent in front of him - Pedrosa, Smith, Crutchlow, Iannone, the Espargaro brothers and so on. 

Marquez is, of course, the dark horse. Who knows what he'll try to do when it comes to the race... 

Okay. So. The numbers. 

If it's a tie, Lorenzo wins due to having more 1st places. 

If Lorenzo finishes 1st, Rossi has to finish 2nd

If Lorenzo finishes 2nd, Rossi has to finish 3rd.

If Lorenzo finishes 3rd, Rossi has to finish 6th or higher

If Lorenzo finishes 4th, Rossi has to finish 9th or higher

If Lorenzo finishes 5th, Rossi has to finish 11th or higher

Barring a crash or mechanical failure, or some other unforseeable incident, I don't see Lorenzo finishing outside the top 3. Top 4 at a push. If he gets in front, we know Marquez won't work to pass him. That's a given, seeing how petty he was these past few weeks. That means that Rossi needs to push as hard as possible, and go for at least a 2nd place finish - a tough ask, given that there's all that talent in front of him - Pedrosa, Smith, Crutchlow, Iannone, the Espargaro brothers and so on. 

Marquez is, of course, the dark horse. Who knows what he'll try to do when it comes to the race... 

Thanks Myles, been looking for these numbers all day.

Most punters, before the Sepand race, had Rossi as winning Sepang with a 4th at Valencia. No site saw him as able to get on the podium in Valencia.

Will be an interesting weekend.

Points gap is 7. If ANYTHING happens to Lorenzo, or if he doesn't finish, Rossi wins. 

1st place =  25 points

2nd place = 20 points

3rd place =  16 points

4th place =  13 points

5th place =  11 points

6th place =  10 points

7th place =   9 points

8th place =   8 points

9th place =   7 points

10th place = 6 points

11th place = 5 points

12th place = 4 points

13th place = 3 points

14th place = 2 points

15th place = 1 points

Edited by Myles Mayhew

I know the record books don't have comments,and a win is a win etc...

But what a hollow victory if JL ends up winning . Knowing he didn't have to really race the last race . Although if he JL finishes 3rd ,not impossible for Rossi to get to 6th. A hard ask sure ,but as grebel said frothing inside his lid with more grit and determination to win the championship,more so then any other of his 9

Edited by Pikey

I know the record books don't have comments,and a win is a win etc...

But what a hollow victory if JL ends up winning . Knowing he didn't have to really race the last race . Although if he finishes 3 ,not impossible for Rossi to get to 6th. A hard ask sure ,but as grebel said frothing inside his lid with more grit and determination to win the championship,then another of his other 9.

considering he tried to get Rossi disqualified - I dont think he cares whether his victory is hollow or not

considering he tried to get Rossi disqualified - I dont think he cares whether his victory is hollow or not

Neither do I , just saying. Very hollow and empty I hope

Neither do I , just saying. Very hollow and empty I hope

I think thats why we feel so cheated. if somebody takes JL out and Vale wins it will also be rather hollow. Just really kuk ending to an epic season

I think thats why we feel so cheated. if somebody takes JL out and Vale wins it will also be rather hollow. Just really kuk ending to an epic season

I don't care. If someone takes JL out, I'll be very happy. 

Best scenario though - Vale makes it through, and the rest just leave them to duke it out. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew