MotoGP

SeaBee

Lets hope he goes to Honda.

That way he and MM can share a motorhome too ;)

If he does go, at the expense of who? MM wont be leaving. Pedrosa? The faithful Honda "prodigy"?

Maybe Pedrosa could go to Yammie... 

But then, wasn't Crutchlow supposed to be getting a factory seat sometime soon?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think JL will ever leave Yamaha (well hopefully not, I can't stand the guy), and I think he will find the Honda just unrideable for his style. He might take 2 years to adapt, then it's too late. Pedro will probably be fine on the Yamaha. Reckon once you can ride the Honda, then any other bike is easy (other than the Duc that Stoner left everyone ...)

Edited by Kraggie

Maybe Pedrosa could go to Yammie... 

But then, wasn't Crutchlow supposed to be getting a factory seat sometime soon?

Pedrosa on a Yamaha, eewwww. That sounds so wrong :) I think that dude has never ridden anything but a Honda? Probably had a Honda pram.

Was also thinking that Cal would go to up. But has he really been performing?

I am sure Yamaha has their eye on Iannone ;) If he can ride a Ducati like that, imagine him an a Yamaha?

Edited by Patchelicious

Pedrosa on a Yamaha, eewwww. That sounds so wrong :) I think that dude has never ridden anything but a Honda? Probably had a Honda pram.

Was also thinking that Cal would go to up. But has he really been performing?

I am sure Yamaha has their eye on Iannone ;) If he can ride a Ducati like that, imagine him an a Yamaha?

LOL. I wonder if they'll just drop JL. That would be sweet, sweet justice. Make him go to a honda satellite team, or better yet, Suzuki... :)

LOL. I wonder if they'll just drop JL. That would be sweet, sweet justice. Make him go to a honda satellite team, or better yet, Suzuki... :)

No way in hell will they drop him, crap to admit it, but he is the fastest guy in MotoGP at present ... all might change next year with the new rules though, maybe Yamaha does not have a competitive bike (highly unlikely), and then he might leave.

When Rossi left for Ducati, I think they sort of choose JL above Rossi in way, in their minds he was more of a title challenger than Rossi at that time.

Yup Pedro always been on a Honda ...

Edited by Kraggie

No way in hell will they drop him, crap to admit it, but he is the fastest guy in MotoGP at present ... all might change next year with the new rules though, maybe Yamaha does not have a competitive bike (highly unlikely), and then he might leave.

I personally don't think he's the fastest. I still think MM is faster, IF he can control himself. That's one mighty big if, though. 

On a clean set of tyres, with a clear road ahead of him, maybe JL is slightly faster. Maybe. 

BTW - what are the new rules? In a nutshell...

Edited by Myles Mayhew

NVM... 

MotoGP has finalised engine and software rules for its 2016 regulation change, with an increase to seven engines per season but development frozen and concessions for struggling teams adjusted.

After several years of a split between Factory and Open (formerly CRT) rules, the field will be unified when a control ECU is introduced from next season.

Motorcycle racing's governing body, the FIM, announced that the spec electronics will be based on the version used in the Open class at present.

Should Ducati, Honda and Yamaha all agree unanimously on a change to the ECU between July this year and the end of 2016, the FIM will permit it provided the manufacturers bear the cost.

Conversely any changes to the ECU requested by the organisers cannot take place without unanimous agreement from the three leading manufacturers.

The current limit of five engines per rider per season before penalty changes to seven, with a fuel limit of 22 litres per race and development still frozen.

The system under which manufacturers who have not won since the start of 2013 benefit from fuel, testing and tyre use allowances - rules breaks that Ducati and Suzuki currently receive - is retained but adjusted to become a 'concession points' system.

Three concession points are earned for a win, two for second and one for third place - allowing teams benefiting from concessions that achieve success to steadily lose their advantages.

"In 2015 a manufacturer achieving three concession points in dry races must immediately reduce fuel tank capacity from 24 litres to 22 litres," said an FIM statement.

"In 2016 a manufacturer achieving six concession points in dry or wet conditions will immediately lose the right to test with contracted riders and will lose all concessions from the following season."

But the system will also be used to give concession back to teams that achieve poor results.

The statement added: "With effect from the 2016 season, any manufacturer who gains no concession points, (effectively meaning no podium places), will benefit from the full package of concessions in the following season."

The FIM also clarified that the present rule under which concession-benefiting teams lose their softer-tyre and extra testing permissions if they win three grands prix in dry conditions remains in place.

When Rossi left for Ducati, I think they sort of choose JL above Rossi in way, in their minds he was more of a title challenger than Rossi at that time.

Yup Pedro always been on a Honda ...

Yeah they wont drop him, agreed.

As for the fastest rider, must be MM. Most consistently fast, JL.

I personally don't think he's the fastest. I still think MM is faster, IF he can control himself. That's one mighty big if, though. 

On a clean set of tyres, with a clear road ahead of him, maybe JL is slightly faster. Maybe. 

BTW - what are the new rules? In a nutshell...

You saying control himself, or control the Honda ... problem is if he rides within his limits then he'll end up in 5th, but he needed to over-ride that Honda way too much this year. But I agree, he needs to grow up a little and learn from his mistakes.

Yup, JL fastest on his own, but MM is a more complete rider, in that he can fight and be aggressive, and also clear off on his own, he does not mind either.

Michelin tyres ... wonder if Rossi will get a "special" assignment like he did few years back ... :ph34r:

Here's a table that summarizes the rules :

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2015/03/23/the_2015_motogp_rules_primer_engines_fue.html

Edited by Kraggie

For the first time in sports history, I'm hoping a rider bins it. (First corner could be good!) Come on JL, drop the bike, remount and be forced to dice TheDoctor. Hopefully then they'll come through the pack together and we'll get the season finale we're looking for!

You saying control himself, or control the Honda ... problem is if he rides within his limits then he'll end up in 5th, but he needed to over-ride that Honda way too much this year. But I agree, he needs to grow up a little and learn from his mistakes.

Both... As for over-riding the Honda, not so sure. Have a look at how Pedrosa is performing at the moment. Yes, he's like 30 kilos lighter than everyone else, but still... 

Both... As for over-riding the Honda, not so sure. Have a look at how Pedrosa is performing at the moment. Yes, he's like 30 kilos lighter than everyone else, but still... 

Setups probably also play a big role. MM on last years chassis, and Pedro on this years. MM could just not get the new one to work for him. MM needs that rear wheel sliding out alot it seems, where Pedro does not do that, he rides more like the guys on the Yamahas.

MM style can make him the fastest rider, but it seems a risky style as well.

Setups probably also play a big role. MM on last years chassis, and Pedro on this years. MM could just not get the new one to work for him. MM needs that rear wheel sliding out alot it seems, where Pedro does not do that, he rides more like the guys on the Yamahas.

MM style can make him the fastest rider, but it seems a risky style as well.

It's a style borne of dirt tracking - like Stoner's style.