MotoGP

SeaBee

Hi all, good to see you all survived 2015 off season.....enjoyed reading all the comments to catch up a bit...

Lorenzo will always be fast in theses scenarios, where it is just riding lap after lap of testing  without any racing, its his bread and butter....its when we get into the thick of things of over taking and racing, when you have to polish the brass balls and show them a little, do we see the real size of them ( and he aint the bull, but maybe the bullfighter) :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Viva Rossi.....No one was talking about him, but he is up there ( just needs to be a bit more consistent up there)....and some people said he is too old :clap:  :clap:

Anyway...its going to be a great year of racing :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Agreed. And VR isn't normally super fast in these scenarios, so he must be feeling good to be in 2nd place... 

Really, REALLY looking good. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, good to see you all survived 2015 off season.....enjoyed reading all the comments to catch up a bit...

Lorenzo will always be fast in theses scenarios, where it is just riding lap after lap of testing  without any racing, its his bread and butter....its when we get into the thick of things of over taking and racing, when you have to polish the brass balls and show them a little, do we see the real size of them ( and he aint the bull, but maybe the bullfighter) :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Viva Rossi.....No one was talking about him, but he is up there ( just needs to be a bit more consistent up there)....and some people said he is too old :clap:  :clap:

Anyway...its going to be a great year of racing :thumbup:  :thumbup:

If Rossi can get on the front row and hustle these guys he will be there at the end fighting for no 10 again. Like you said, JL is good at pounding lap after lap, but not so much when he needs to put up a fight and scrambling for position. Said so himself last year. I'd be super chuffed to see the Ducs taking a couple of victories and running at the front. 

Dovi already saying the GP16 improvements are pretty amazing. Imagine Casey will be getting a go on it tomorrow possibly.

Rossi's post test interview was full of criticism about the outdated ECU, comparing it to a Mac from 10yrs ago. JL must be a Mac boy then. Think we haven't seen anything from Honda yet, perhaps tomorrow. If not they are in for a tough year.

If Honda builds a good engine this time around, I think it could be Dani's year. He doesn't load the front as much as the other guys, and picks the bike up on to the fat part of the tyre like no-one else. The French rubber might be good for him!

Yeah

Dovi already saying the GP16 improvements are pretty amazing. Imagine Casey will be getting a go on it tomorrow possibly.

Rossi's post test interview was full of criticism about the outdated ECU, comparing it to a Mac from 10yrs ago. JL must be a Mac boy then. Think we haven't seen anything from Honda yet, perhaps tomorrow. If not they are in for a tough year.

Yeah early days.....motogp, is not won at testing in sepang.....

If Honda builds a good engine this time around, I think it could be Dani's year. He doesn't load the front as much as the other guys, and picks the bike up on to the fat part of the tyre like no-one else. The French rubber might be good for him!

Jees I'd love that guy to win a title.

Honda is in a tough spot. imagine they finished behind Yam, Duc and possibly Suz.

See Aleix said he was actually 1sec quicker when he turned off the traction control.

They dont even have a fully seamless gearbox, only upshifts.

...and Rossi was running two bikes today. Full 2015 to evaluate tires and electronics and 2015/16 hybrid. Not sure about JL

Early days still.

I'll wait for the longer race simulation runs that are still coming. Think that may only be at the next test in PI which is a completely different track.

I do think JL went out looking to top the tables, psychological upperhand perhaps.

Slow and steady wins the race and on that front Rossi has always been very methodical about how he approaches testing. Not necessarily looking to top the tables.

Unless you're Casey Stoner and it is 2011.

I know the guy was fast...but honestly....he didnt have the goods to stay at the top like a real champion...that is what make a G.O.A.T....he was more a flash in the pan kind of guy for me...it will be fun to see him maybe mix it up with for one or two races...but i dont see it as more than a side show to the main event...so dont understand all the hype about it.