MotoGP

SeaBee

I'm not a fan of Lorenzo but I'll give credit where credit is due, he does do a rather cool bike change.

The one into the gravel?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the other teams are saying that Ducati should reduce power to avoid tyre issues.

It is laughable really, at the pinnacle of motorcycle racing this should not be happening.

Rather Michelin should give a tyre that's performance is worse but that can stand up to the demands made of it.

It will be the same for every rider involved so it will not affect the racing. If Ducati then choose to reduce their power then so be it but the other teams are looking for ways to nullify the speed advantage.

Unfortunately due to the fact that he said it I have to mention Rossi's moan about them having to suffer when it was only the Dukes that experienced problems. It could very easily have been on the other foot. As an example, what if the Yamaha's superior corner speed was shredding tyres? Would he have been happy if it was said that the Yamaha may only use the hard when everyone else could use any tyre? No they would have withdrawn the soft from everybody as it is a tyre issue, yes bike specific but still a tyre issue. Again, just an example. The contingency plans have to benefit everyone equally.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

So the other teams are saying that Ducati should reduce power to avoid tyre issues.

It is laughable really, at the pinnacle of motorcycle racing this should not be happening.

Rather Michelin should give a tyre that's performance is worse but that can stand up to the demands made of it.

It will be the same for every rider involved so it will not affect the racing. If Ducati then choose to reduce their power then so be it but the other teams are looking for ways to nullify the speed advantage.

Unfortunately due to the fact that he said it I have to mention Rossi's moan about them having to suffer when it was only the Dukes that experienced problems. It could very easily have been on the other foot. As an example, what if the Yamaha's superior corner speed was shredding tyres? Would he have been happy if it was said that the Yamaha may only use the hard when everyone else could use any tyre? No they would have withdrawn the soft from everybody as it is a tyre issue, yes bike specific but still a tyre issue. Again, just an example. The contingency plans have to benefit everyone equally.

If the Ducatis are shredding tyres, then it should be up to Ducati and Michelin to sort it out. How they sort it out is up to them.

If they cannot sort it out and its unsafe to ride a Ducati then maybe they should not race an unsafe setup? If Yamaha's Ohlins forks kept popping due to some weird reason, then they and Ohlins should sort it out and make a plan. Not make everybody swop forks halfway through a race.

For years people have built bikes around tyre contraints. Not sure why this must different.

Actually if you think about it, its unfair on all the other teams. Ducati build a 300hp monster that cannot complete a race on a set of tyres, so they change the rules to allow them to run two sets of tyres in a race? Tyre conservations is part of the package and setup the guys work on all weekend. Maybe Ducati should spend more time fixing cornering speed instead of just focusing on power and then getting the rules changed to suit their setups?

Actually if you think about it, its unfair on all the other teams. Ducati build a 300hp monster that cannot complete a race on a set of tyres, so they change the rules to allow them to run two sets of tyres in a race? Tyre conservations is part of the package and setup the guys work on all weekend. Maybe Ducati should spend more time fixing cornering speed instead of just focusing on power and then getting the rules changed to suit their setups?

Buy this guy a bottle of Bells!!!

And they still didn't win......

If the Ducatis are shredding tyres, then it should be up to Ducati and Michelin to sort it out. How they sort it out is up to them.

If they cannot sort it out and its unsafe to ride a Ducati then maybe they should not race an unsafe setup? If Yamaha's Ohlins forks kept popping due to some weird reason, then they and Ohlins should sort it out and make a plan. Not make everybody swop forks halfway through a race.

For years people have built bikes around tyre contraints. Not sure why this must different.

Completely different Patchelicious, Done is not forcing Yamaha to run Online. Teams are being forced to run Michelin, if the tyre is inadequate it's not the manufacturers problem.

As for the Ducati only being good in a straight line, it looked pretty good around the corners in both races so far. Capable of winning with the right rider at the very least. Definitely no straight line, drag bike only.

Completely different Patchelicious, Done is not forcing Yamaha to run Online. Teams are being forced to run Michelin, if the tyre is inadequate it's not the manufacturers problem.

As for the Ducati only being good in a straight line, it looked pretty good around the corners in both races so far. Capable of winning with the right rider at the very least. Definitely no straight line, drag bike only.

Yes it is, you must make work what gets given to everybody. The other guys seem to make the tyres work, (a bit).... so they are making the most of what is being forced on ALL of them. The tyres are forced on ALL the teams, so I do not feel sorry for Ducati.

The Ducatis are known for their power, they are the fastest bikes in a straight line. No arguement here. To run within 1/10th of the other laps times, obviously they need to corner too. I didnt call them drag bikes, so please dont take what I said and exaggerate it to suit your stance and detract from the point that I am making. Which is that Ducati put an emphasis on their strength, which happens to be their engine power.

Fact of the matter is, its was not the Yamahas, Aprilias, Hondas or Suzukis that caused this issue about mandatory bike changes, its was the Ducatis.... So "drag bike" or not, they are the ones who couldnt make the tyres last and everybody had to adjust to their shortcomings.

Looks like MM adapted best ...

He has matured a bit I think .... thanks in part to one VR46.

MM keeps his mouth shut and rides .... Faster than everyone ....

Looking forward to Austin

JLo better watch those lights ....

Well done to Brad Binder .... Future World Champ !!! let's hope so .