[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #3 Van Gaalens

Tim_Fair

Sat http://weather.news24.com/Images/Icons/Forecasts/33.gif Showers early. More sun than clouds. Pleasantly warm. 29°C 12°C 12km/h NW UV High 20% chance of 3mm rain

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A batch marathon .So when the snakes leaves me for dead i will ride alone again !

Edited by Blitzer

A batch marathon .So when the snakes leaves me for dead i will ride alone again !

In there with you mate - keep an eye out for the Green Salsa and Singletrack Fuel ridng top - say hi!

In there with you mate - keep an eye out for the Green Salsa and Singletrack Fuel ridng top - say hi!

Cool ! I will .I will be riding red and black Tallboy with red shirt Edited by Blitzer

Unknown Distance

durbanjacques B

Dino E

Marathon:

swift01 A

DewaldZA A

typhoon B

lapa B

Peregrinate B

Mike Bike B

Canfan B

divernick C

Hennie VR C

Karma C

SeanN C

Brian Flowerday C

Squier D

Captain Cheesy D

spyster D

jcza F

Half Marathon

flat29 B

GrantK24 D

Riaan Coetzee D

MR Winter D

mons D

NoFearNoFun D

Joeboy69 E

Sigh started in I the first one and H at cullinan this time in C. How the hell did that happen. Im still a newbie int he mtb scene, hand me a beer as you pass the green 29er, its gonna be a long ride

I'm riding the full, E batch as noted.

I didn't try "negotiate" my way into a better batch, I'm happy to take this one nice and slowly from the back and avoid all the die hards trying to kill themselves on the descents after poffadder.

I'll be on a brand new black and white stumpy 29er :)

On a side note I always laugh at the VG race to see okes cruising on the district roads thinking it's such an easy race and not pacing themselves properly, and all of a sudden they get to the first uphill and are so exhausted that they push all the way. Word to the wise: Take the first 5kms as a warm up, you'll need all your juice for that uphill.

Unknown Distance

durbanjacques B

Dino E

Marathon:

swift01 A

DewaldZA A

typhoon B

lapa B

Peregrinate B

Mike Bike B

Canfan B

divernick C

Hennie VR C

Karma C

SeanN C

Brian Flowerday C

Squier D

Captain Cheesy D

spyster D

Dirt De Vil D

jcza F

Half Marathon

flat29 B

GrantK24 D

Riaan Coetzee D

MR Winter D

mons D

NoFearNoFun D

Joeboy69 E

Sigh started in I the first one and H at cullinan this time in C. How the hell did that happen. Im still a newbie int he mtb scene, hand me a beer as you pass the green 29er, its gonna be a long ride

I am in the same boat. allways in D or E now in B. Does this mean i must shave the legs to fit in with the race snakes

I'm riding the full, E batch as noted.

I didn't try "negotiate" my way into a better batch, I'm happy to take this one nice and slowly from the back and avoid all the die hards trying to kill themselves on the descents after poffadder.

I'll be on a brand new black and white stumpy 29er :)

On a side note I always laugh at the VG race to see okes cruising on the district roads thinking it's such an easy race and not pacing themselves properly, and all of a sudden they get to the first uphill and are so exhausted that they push all the way. Word to the wise: Take the first 5kms as a warm up, you'll need all your juice for that uphill.

Going to slipstream the race snakes on the first 5km then going to hook my spare tube around their seat tube on the uphill and let them pull me up there. :ph34r:

I am in the same boat. allways in D or E now in B. Does this mean i must shave the legs to fit in with the race snakes

Ye I dont know its not like my cullinan race was quick or anything think it was 3:45 which I thought was really slow, I expected to be dropped 2 batches lower or something

Ye I dont know its not like my cullinan race was quick or anything think it was 3:45 which I thought was really slow, I expected to be dropped 2 batches lower or something

Be warned 1st timers, Cullinan is a walk in the park compared to this, so pace yourselves. But much nicer, probably one of the best we have to offer :)

Also the middle part is very hot, dry and sandy.

Half marathon:

There's a lot (100m) less climbing at this one than Cullinan, but there's a ton more singletrack. Dunno how this one is going to shape up, but I'm expecting a cracker!