[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #3 Van Gaalens

Tim_Fair

Never had those at VG before, Erik's brings the different distances home on different routes...problem solved.

Then bring on the challenge!

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This kloof forms the feature of the new section of the route.

The marathon route will be very similar to that of 2012, except that the very rocky descent after the Satellite Station has been removed and replaced by the new Kloof section.

Oh no..........oh yes!

Anyone keen on a van Gaalens ride this weekend ? Am a medium speed and medium technical rider, did my first social ride there last week in an attempt to start getting used to the trails before the Trailseeker event in 2 weeks time, keen for some more this weekend, let me know !

Normally by the time I get to those tunnels, I already have tunnel vision.

Never knew that is what they actually look like!

Route profiles are up on the trailseeker website I see.

Glad I'm not doing the Marathon, they hitting Jou Blixem at 57km :o

For the 70 km, I see they have also added the second hill after the concrete strips, so no descent and a turn to the right but rather a left turn, up the hill and down the more hectic and twisty turny section to the river. Did this last week with Swift01 and friends, thanks guys for the sneak preview of that section ! Hope it doesn't bottle neck though, it was quite a tight section with only a few riders around, let's hope the ten minute batch intervals and concrete strips spread the riders out !

For the 70 km, I see they have also added the second hill after the concrete strips, so no descent and a turn to the right but rather a left turn, up the hill and down the more hectic and twisty turny section to the river. Did this last week with Swift01 and friends, thanks guys for the sneak preview of that section ! Hope it doesn't bottle neck though, it was quite a tight section with only a few riders around, let's hope the ten minute batch intervals and concrete strips spread the riders out !

In a lot of those sections there is twin single track so should be ok

That is the daggapad section, the best ever

So which bit is Daggapad ? Where does it start and end ?

From that bridge top if the hill all the way past the river where you walked over the rocks, then past the hits to the dirt road. Not sure if thats it's real name but all the way along that section there is 2-3 sections where there is duel track