DH world Champs - enduro guy riding enduro bike (Jared Graves) anyone else racing their small bike??

deviate

Swissvan,are you a runner or a swimmer? Because no cyclist could make such an doff comment.

Yeah i know forkoil about cycling and all the sea water has blurred my vision

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he clipped his pedal. weight goes forward. good luck with recovery. try that clipped in see if you save your ass. goodluck btw...

ai.this hating on flat pedals. Good thing he only won a few world champs riding flats.

Edited by Capricorn

Interesting that the dude on the 29er did what every other dude on a 29er seems to do when faced with a technical rocky section........ Crash.

We must have watched different races because the one my PVR recorded showed 26'er 650B and 29er bikes crashing out on that first turn

Watch the vid, his left foot definitely came off as a result of "casing" something, maybe even his right foot, leaving him without the preverbal leg to stand on....

He might have saved it if he had both feet on the pedals, clipped onto the pedals

Thanks, now I know why I keep falling, will run down the shop tomorrow for some clips, knew I was doing something

wrong.

Seems clipped in guys have it so much easier, lol

post-28006-0-92598300-1378149840_thumb.jpg

Guest Omega Man

We must have watched different races because the one my PVR recorded showed 26'er 650B and 29er bikes crashing out on that first turn

There you go ruining my jibe with logic and common sense.

There you go ruining my jibe with logic and common sense.

my sincere apologies. I'll wear my baggy pant this weekend as a sign of remorse.

Guest Omega Man

my sincere apologies. I'll wear my baggy pant this weekend as a sign of remorse.

hehe.

Yeah i know forkoil about cycling and all the sea water has blurred my vision

maybe its all the mountain air and swiss cheese rather than seawater! :whistling: :thumbup:

With regards to Mr Hill and his OTB

What you dont see in that camera angle is the Rock Garden that you need to negotiate on that off-camber bank ....

Its quite straight forward, but you have a 5foot step off onto a rock or 2 at the exit that is quite flat.

As Sam dropped it he either clipped a pedal on a rock on the exit, or his back wheel cased the one largish rock on the landing.

In either event it stopped the bikes momentum and pitched his weight forward and that was that.

His feet were on the pedals right up until he went OTB. it was just weight distribution that caused the crash (and the fact that the front wheel pitched up a steep bank next to the signage and stalled sending him OTB

With regards to Mr Hill and his OTB

What you dont see in that camera angle is the Rock Garden that you need to negotiate on that off-camber bank ....

Its quite straight forward, but you have a 5foot step off onto a rock or 2 at the exit that is quite flat.

As Sam dropped it he either clipped a pedal on a rock on the exit, or his back wheel cased the one largish rock on the landing.

In either event it stopped the bikes momentum and pitched his weight forward and that was that.

His feet were on the pedals right up until he went OTB. it was just weight distribution that caused the crash (and the fact that the front wheel pitched up a steep bank next to the signage and stalled sending him OTB

Thanks Mr Hicks, just re-watched the video in HD and frame by frame (benefit of good internet at work :thumbup: ) and yep you are 100% right.

I swear it looked different on Sunday afternoon :whistling: :blush:

Apologies and peace to the flat pedal types :thumbup: