94.7 Cycle Challenge 2013

StevieL

I must admit, I was jealous of some of the dual sus mtb's at some points.

A few times along the route where I unlocked the front shock on the fast downhills. Was contemplating a road bike for a fast one next year but I reckon I'm gonna stick to the knobbly 29er.

Was also a section of road at a intersection (close to Witkoppen I think) where it looked as if someone had built a sidewalk in between the 3 lanes with the tar pushed up.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I was jealous of the road bikes for most of the way!

I was jealous of anyone with a chamois. It was my first ride over 30 kays and the first one where I'd had to sit the whole way. My butt was broken after 15 kays. Christmas Tree and I were riding side saddle every downhill chance we got.

Christmas Tree and I were riding side saddle every downhill chance we got.

I did that as well....used every opportunity to stretch the legs a bit, think that's what made the cramps near the end bearable.

I was jealous of anyone with a chamois. It was my first ride over 30 kays and the first one where I'd had to sit the whole way. My butt was broken after 15 kays. Christmas Tree and I were riding side saddle every downhill chance we got.

We will try teach you how to stand on a bike.

Standing on a normal bike is my natural position. Standing on a tandem was a risk to all three lanes of riders on the M1.

Standing on a normal bike is my natural position. Standing on a tandem was a risk to all three lanes of riders on the M1.

you are not meant to try control the bike from the back

I know in the old days it was at Kyalami. Can it not handle the race?

It could handle 100,000 motorsport spekkies..........But you see the organiser would have to pay for it, which means money out of their pockets.....Current venue I believe is for free and gratis............

What about JHB inner City just like the Argus?

That is if we don't get robbed or don't pass out from the urine fumes.............!

Next time you should hang onto my wheel so you get to the end faster and thus less bum-pain!!

Next time you should hang onto my wheel so you get to the end faster and thus less bum-pain!!

It was hard enough trying to hang onto the back of Christmas Tree.

The brain and the bee-hind are linked......when the bee-hind gets sore the brain wants to stop!

I would just like to know what the dude in E batch did @ the start... Right in front, he went over his handlebars!