94.7 Cycle Challenge 2013

StevieL

Yeah that's it................It completely surprised me.

Knowing how fastiduous HSP is about safety, I was totally surprised nobody was manning it...they were probably supposed to be wondered off...........

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody on the side of the road decided to "improvise" by putting that there... it was on a manhole that was marked with the usual spraypaint, but maybe all manholes aren't made equal? I was gladly not in a bunch when I went past there, so not an issue really for me. But yeah, I am sure it could have caused some lekker chaos in the bunches. Definately doesn't sounds like HSP's work to me?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody on the side of the road decided to "improvise" by putting that there... it was on a manhole that was marked with the usual spraypaint, but maybe all manholes aren't made equal? I was gladly not in a bunch when I went past there, so not an issue really for me. But yeah, I am sure it could have caused some lekker chaos in the bunches. Definately doesn't sounds like HSP's work to me?

Noted, have mailed HSP to advise them

Cheers

Noted, have mailed HSP to advise them

Cheers

Good stuff, I was in a biggish bunch there, fortunately we were sitting close to the front and screamed a firm warning.

It could have been quite disastrous .

Good stuff, I was in a biggish bunch there, fortunately we were sitting close to the front and screamed a firm warning.

It could have been quite disastrous .

Included Cumberland Rd bumps and the fact that (when I passed) in the centre of Randburg a brass band and pedestrians were crossing the road rather than use the huge pedestrian bridge..............While JMPD stood idly by and watched.........

Bridges are for advertising boards. Why would someone want ll that exercise to walk over a bridge when there are bikes to dodge.

it was my second 94.

last year I road it to finish.

This year I raced it. I started in f, and I must say I was quite disappointing with the level of the riders climbing ability.

Usually in other races the front of group sticks together.

But as soon as there was a little climb I would go to the front at about 22km/h and then no one would follow.

Happened on witkoppen, and malibongwe and then on the N14 but this time I didn't fall back but kept going. Which resulted in me going the last 30 km solo.

And id like to think im decent on climbs , but i wont say I am great

Afterwards I checked on strava my avg on the N14 was just over 30 km/h, but there were more than 150+ people ahead of me.

Does this mean I should aim for a higher start group?

it was my second 94.

last year I road it to finish.

This year I raced it. I started in f, and I must say I was quite disappointing with the level of the riders climbing ability.

Usually in other races the front of group sticks together.

But as soon as there was a little climb I would go to the front at about 22km/h and then no one would follow.

Happened on witkoppen, and malibongwe and then on the N14 but this time I didn't fall back but kept going. Which resulted in me going the last 30 km solo.

And id like to think im decent on climbs , but i wont say I am great

Afterwards I checked on strava my avg on the N14 was just over 30 km/h, but there were more than 150+ people ahead of me.

Does this mean I should aim for a higher start group?

It means you're so good you should start with the pro's or maybe the tour de france. yoh impressive

It means you're so good you should start with the pro's or maybe the tour de france. yoh impressive

:whistling: :whistling:

Pure krag swaar, pure krag.

sigh was asking for advice not criticism.

Just wanted to know if someone else found the level om climbing not on par with other races

Im not used to hop from group to group to group in one race

sigh was asking for advice not criticism.

Just wanted to know if someone else found the level om climbing not on par with other races

Im not used to hop from group to group to group in one race

You are not supposed to.

How old are you ?

I know but we kept catching other groups.

Three years till you are eligible to race in Vets.

So for now, you will have to work at bettering your seeding my doing seeding events, and perhaps work your way in to this group $.

i missed the highlights on E-TV on Sunday, anyone know if and when there will be a re-run! my wife said i was interviewed, i need to watch my 30 seconds of fame lol

i missed the highlights on E-TV on Sunday, anyone know if and when there will be a re-run! my wife said i was interviewed, i need to watch my 30 seconds of fame lol

Your Wife says you were interviewed... Forgive me for asking, but dont you recall being interviewed?