27.5 inch Wheel - Advantages

Gringo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that likes all the wheel sizes?

No..

MaXiMuM (Interesting use of caps there... ummm...), "them" not "it".... #JuStSaYiNg

Am I the only one that likes all the wheel sizes?

Nope .. I always fins these wheel size debates hysterical.

They all fun to ride !

No..

MaXiMuM (Interesting use of caps there... ummm...), "them" not "it".... #JuStSaYiNg

Put down the crack pipe and post that again please.

I find it strange that the main claimed advantage of 29ers, the roll over angle, translates into an advantage in marathons. Of all types of riding, this is where roll over would have the least influence.

For me it would be more logical to assume the advantage of 29er wheels for marathons is due to more inertia, creating more of a flywheel effect. 650b would decrease this advantage (and so would super light, carbon 29 rims, too).

In 2005, a relatively low profile rider riding for a pro continental team, Ondrej Sosenca, broke the UCI hour record. What was interesting is that he used a very heavy disk wheel, with a weight of almost 3kgs, if I remember correctly. This is another example where more wheel inertia resulted in a faster time.