Light fast rolling tyre.....durable....

Guest Smimby

Clipped in or on flat pedals ? :eek: :eek: :eek:

My Dearest eddy, if you have flats on your cx bike I am concerned!

But obviously a correct hop, not a pedal pull! PSHT!

Shame on you :blush:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Dearest eddy, if you have flats on your cx bike I am concerned!

Don't worry SSG, you can sleep securely in the knowledge that I may very well not know how to ride a bike, but I certainly know how to pick the parts :blush: :blush:

Don't worry SSG, you can sleep securely in the knowledge that I may very well not know how to ride a bike, but I certainly know how to pick the parts :blush: :blush:

Good good

That's all that counts, looking the part....... Obviously!

(on that note check out the conclusion to the 'scott is a rubbish frame blabla' thread.. The woman was very upset because her replacement frame DIDNT match her forks or the clothes she had purchased so she was very upset and had to sell the bike, slag off Scott and buy a Giant... which is definitely better and matched her helmet and socks....)

The woman was very upset because her replacement frame DIDNT match her forks or the clothes she had purchased so she was very upset and had to sell the bike, slag off Scott and buy a Giant... which is definitely better and matched her helmet and socks....)

Such cr@p. A woman has the perfect opportunity to get a new wardrobe and turns it down, I don't believe a word of it...........

Edited by eddy

Such cr@p. A woman has the perfect opportunity to get a new wardrobe and turns it down, I don't believe a word of it...........

Exactly!

Lies all lies....

On that note, eddy, do it on a cx bike. In fact I may even join you on my SS cx bike. In?

OP, Geax Seguaro, rigid forks and training.... or just training really.

Night folks

On that note, eddy, do it on a cx bike. In fact I may even join you on my SS cx bike. In?

Tempted, very tempted. I may need to change my gear ratios a bit.

post-5007-0-56613700-1377804851_thumb.jpg

Sorry Azonic, the centre knobs do not look connected to me??

My bad... I meant to say Maxxis Crossmark.

Exactly!

Lies all lies....

OP, Geax Seguaro, rigid forks and training.... or just training really.

Night folks

The most pain I've seen at the Karoo2Coast recently was in 2011 when passing a vaalie on a gorgeous bronze Niner rigid single speed.

I saw his pain and rode with him for a while on the 2nd climb, chatting away while he suffered. He was bitching that his mates had told him this was a perfect race for a single speed but had forgotten to mention the 11kph long steady ascents or the 60kph long descents. As I changed down and spun away uphill I heard him cursing in the distance.

I saw him again at the finish, a broken man, enviously stealing glances at suspension forks and derailleurs.

I have an MTB tyre with less tread than the Furious Fred, its a tubby, 500g for a 29er on a 220TPI casing( can do a 120 TPI case which puts you in 450g territory but its not advised), which is pretty durable, its available in 1.9 width, so it feels like a road bike when you ride it.

The most pain I've seen at the Karoo2Coast recently was in 2011 when passing a vaalie on a gorgeous bronze Niner rigid single speed.

The most pain I've felt was being passed up Hill road this morning by Nic White on a rigid single speed whist I was trying to hang on in my granny gear....... :blush: :blush:

it reminded me that it is not always about the bike :cursing:

Will give Breedt's a bash on CX and see how it goes

I saw his pain and rode with him for a while on the 2nd climb, chatting away while he suffered. He was bitching that his mates had told him this was a perfect race for a single speed but had forgotten to mention the 11kph long steady ascents or the 60kph long descents. As I changed down and spun away uphill I heard him cursing in the distance.

I saw him again at the finish, a broken man, enviously stealing glances at suspension forks and derailleurs.

Probably get tarred and feathered again but I bet that is also not so great for the boys on their 1*xx's either? xx being 9/10/11

Guest Smimby

haha... Motivation is good.

I think the Geax Saguaro will serve well. For K2C I would also bang on a rigid fork. Who knows, you may even like the feel and ride with it permanently.

Also, I would train harder for the race than you did last time.... That's probably more important than the tyres, the rigid forks and the shaved legs put together...... :ph34r:

Have done the other part.....:-)

He obviously hadn't trained sufficiently if someone can ascend faster in granny than he can on a SS..... Really now!

He doesn't know the mantra of 'attack every hill on a single speed like the finish is at the top'......

I haven't finished one single race ever and looked enviously at you lot with your suspension and gears and I certainly DON'T get passed by spinning folks on a rideable climb! (Granted sometimes I have to push while you stay saddled but then I can push comfortably at 6-7kph while you kill yourself riding at 7-7.5kph...)

Maybe the Vaalie's problem was the fact that a 'hill' up North is definitely not a 'hill' in the cape. I see the ratios of those guys (36/18 and the like) and wonder if any of them have even tried to pedal that up anything more than a false flat! :ph34r:

But enough about that.... I shall stop stirring the pot.. for now

Geared Pansies..... :whistling:

• 1 month later...
Guest Smimby

Thought I would give an update

In the end I went with Spez Renegade 2.3 and ran them at 1.9 back and 1.8 front.

I managed to improve my K2C time by 25min, and I was happy with the tyre weight and grip it gave me.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Smimby