"Slow biking" concept in US

Uni

I try this every time I get on the bike, but there is a crazed nutcase living inside my head that makes it difficult. Riding with my kids has made me slow down though and I must say it's fun.

Read this in the local newspaper (front page!) while in SanF last week. Sounds hugely popular, but remember they have a lot less races and club rides are not popular either. So they need to be inventive.

Not sure this would attract me at all.

Ja, When I ride up tokai, jonkers, contermans and others I go slow, hell I even get off walk and check out the scenery. My friends all race to the top. But when we go down, I am the one in front and they are the back trying to keep up!

Even when I get in my car these days, slow down and you will start to notice how reckless alot of drivers are that are in a rush or just speeding along.

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Hi,

There is a time and place for all types of riding. Slow sociable rides with buddies is certainly one of them.

We have a SG ( slap gat ) ride most Sundays - nice past time!

Regards

Sarge.