Cannondale lefty?

Johny Bravo

Sjo

Nope I am not, you said it here best:

Like this:

I fail to see where you asked a question. Not in your 1st post, not your 2nd and in your 3rd you are saying "I am asking the experts" but where is the question?

If you want to ask a question ... ask a question!

If you want to talk crap, be prepared to back it up and be prepared to get flamed for it.

Sweet.Thanks for all your help. I now know less than before about leftys. You are the only one flaming. Others were helpfull. Thanks for f0okol.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sjo

Sweet.Thanks for all your help. I now know less than before about leftys. You are the only one flaming. Others were helpfull. Thanks for f0okol.

Jy redeneer al om jou gat.

If you now know less than before, after I sent you the link explaining how lefty's work, then can not help you any further.

Go ask a grade 1 to draw you pictures or play "is" / "is nie" with you

I'm done

Sjo

The dude sent you a very useful link from bikeradar.com.

Thought that was helpful as you were very unclear and unsure.

Wazzup with the 'roid rage?

I'm sure your Lefty is as frustrated!

O.P: Lefty placed second!? And he took some aggressive lines on those rock gardens!

You are basing you're judgement on a 25km loop? That is like going to ride-before-you-buy and think you know everything afterwards. Or like taking a car around streetblocks and writing a review on it.

it is really hard to get a feeling for a bike on a short ride like that. our on a ride or 2 for that matter. unless it is a loop you know well and ride regularly with the idea of testing out products.

Lefty's feels extremely weird and off balance at the start, and can freak you out for a bit. I know this, as I've been freaked out by it. But after a while you ignore it and realise how great the fork is. The lefty tracks extremely well, is stiff when combined with a strong wheel, and depending on the damper if it is an older lefty, will be very plush and controlled. the new ones are great. But you jeed to get you're head around the half-a-fork thing.

All that being said, I now ride Reba's and Sids on my bikes as they feel great, and are cheaper and less of a hassle. I would love to have a lefty on my single speed bike though.

Did a Lefty get gold today? Silver is not first... Just sayin'... A regular fork beat it. And yes, chill out guyz. We don't all have to love the lefty.

Ok then Ricky Bobby........ :whistling:

"If you aint first you're last!"

All that being said, I now ride Reba's and Sids on my bikes as they feel great, and are cheaper and less of a hassle. I would love to have a lefty on my single speed bike though.

That is a ridiculous closing statement....

The only fork one should ever 'wish' they had on their SS bike out loud is a rigid as hell piece of awesome.

That's like wishing you could watch 'The Notebook'.......

Edited by singlespeedGuy

Lefty's feels LOOK extremely weird and off balance at the start, and can freak you out for a bit.

There fixed

It is an optical illusion, they dont feel weird or off balance at all.

If you were blind folded and got on the exact same bike, one with a Lefty and one with a fork, you would not be able to tell the difference.

Edited by Tankman

That is a ridiculous closing statement....

The only fork one should ever 'wish' they had on their SS bike out loud is a rigid as hell piece of awesome.

That's like wishing you could watch 'The Notebook'.......

hahaha

The sado-masochism is strong in this one.

I admit that I have been exploring the rigid idea, but everytime before I can pull the trigger I get distracted by movies like the notebook. Will someone please pass me a two ply extra soft tissue?

Edited by PhilipV

I've only done short very non -tech rides on a lefty so cant give any opinion on it vs standard. But what I do know, I can shake 5 to 10 kg off myself before shaving 50g off components, and really learn how to handle a bike on technical stuff rather than splitting hairs on which fork will solve my shortcoming.

Those world cup boys ride the gear they do, set up the way it is because 5 seconds on a 4.7km lap means gold vs silver. I would spend a full minute slurping on my bottle to remember if my medical aid is paid up before hitting the rock garden.

Back to lefty vs std.... Whatever gets my tubby arse over the bumps.

So I never liked Canondale lefty forks. They always felt flimsy and wrong to me. The Canondale boys are struggling in the rock gardens on the UCI world champs. Just watching the race live, I know the lefty riders will argue, but most definitely something is not 100 percent with those forks.

Haved owned more bikes and forks than jeans . my lefty is hands down for me the nicest fork i have ridden .

I also competed in the Masters world champs and spent a week ridding that course i can assure you that its not the fork that has made people struggle through some of the sections but our skills . the riders from overseas that compete on the international circuit have said our course is not for the faint hearted , the rock gardens are hard and if you miss your line they become F$%^& hard or near impossible .

if you have never been to casscades do yourself a favour and stop there one day and go walk the corse or even better take your bike and go ride it , it will help you appriciate what these guys ride and how fast they are acctually doing it .the TV does not do this place justice.

Haved owned more bikes and forks than jeans . my lefty is hands down for me the nicest fork i have ridden .

I also competed in the Masters world champs and spent a week ridding that course i can assure you that its not the fork that has made people struggle through some of the sections but our skills . the riders from overseas that compete on the international circuit have said our course is not for the faint hearted , the rock gardens are hard and if you miss your line they become F$%^& hard or near impossible .

if you have never been to casscades do yourself a favour and stop there one day and go walk the corse or even better take your bike and go ride it , it will help you appriciate what these guys ride and how fast they are acctually doing it .the TV does not do this place justice.

I am going off topic now, but it is possible for members of the public to ride that course. I was thinking yesterday how incredible that would be.

I am going off topic now, but it is possible for members of the public to ride that course. I was thinking yesterday how incredible that would be.

you can go ride there , its a bike park on normal days .