So now im confused

nigelhicks

Right - so after having made up my mind about the Evil ....

The lack of "service" in the email dept etc saw me waiting 8 weeks and not having a bike for Worlds ....

Then i saw the bike in the flesh and wasnt really blown away. Also a rider said that they go through the bearings in the rocker arms quickly so i would need to ask for a replacement set when the bike gets sent out ... HMMMMM

So then i got digging, and the following happened. ....

1. Yeti 303 came up - (ok not carbon ... but still) .... So I was keen but Dave Hogan swiped it in front of my eyes .... good luck as i have subsequently heard that that rail system is a pain to keep working.

2. A Trek Session came up but the dude wanted R80k for the bike ... UMMM NO! I'll buy a new one thanks

3. Last day of Worlds and I hear that Ryan Frerichs has hooked up a Trek Session 9.9 (no fork or back shock (i think) ... for like R22k .... So off i scuttle to the Trek tent as he says there are 2 left ... but alas Trek have packed up and left .....

4. I then chat to Gabe Fox from Devinci and he says he will hook me up with a Wilson Carbon ... and to send him an email ... (this is done ... so lets see if he replies)

So what do you okes think???

1. Go with the Evil and hope the pivots are ok? and that there are no other issues - service is crap here in SA

2. Get a Trek Session 9.9 from Trek SA (if Tom can source one - but this wont be a special deal)

3. Get a Devinci Wilson Carbon - I would have it sent out with the Devinci Team maybe in April when they come for the World Cup - that way i get the new 2014 model too

4. Get Omnico to hook me up with a new GT Fury????

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm... tough because there aren't really any bad choices.

I personally would rate them as such...

1. Devinci Wilson - Dave Weagle's magic touch. Used by one of the fastest riders on the circuit. Looks awesome.
  2. Evil Undead - Unique (don't think anyone is SA has one). Back up might be an issue, as stated.
  3. Trek Session - Said to be the ultimate DH bike design. Pricey though, and not distinctive.
  4. GT Fury - Not sold on the new Fury look. But design wise they must be doing something right.

So it's this...

http://fanatikbike.com/merchant/1547/images/zoom/13-frame-wilson-carb-011.jpg

vs this

http://factoryjackson.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Library-4723.png

vs this:

http://factoryjackson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/trek-session9-frame.jpg

vs this

http://cdn3.coresites.mpora.com/dirt_new/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/w4EE-7Cg8iyvA8_icwnIMuGYHt3dFOExDTgqSDrm9Ik.jpg

Guest Omega Man

1. Go with the Evil and hope the pivots are ok? and that there are no other issues - service is crap here in SA

It's just a single pivot.

2. Get a Trek Session 9.9 from Trek SA (if Tom can source one - but this wont be a special deal)

Yes

3. Get a Devinci Wilson Carbon - I would have it sent out with the Devinci Team maybe in April when they come for the World Cup - that way i get the new 2014 model too

Paint job looks like a 1980's surfboard (but in a bad way)

4. Get Omnico to hook me up with a new GT Fury????

Good plan batman.

From what I've heard and read I would skip on the Evil for now. You could be lucky and get a stellar frame, or luck out and end up with a lemon. I'd skip the big brand names and go with the Devinci. Mr DW is involved and we know how successful he's been with churning out killer bikes.

No Morewood on the list?

Nige ... I have seen the Devinci DH bikes and they are just "weak in the knees" lovely frames, I could not comment on how they ride though, but they are just so very sexy!

But why do you want a new / faster bike .... who do you want to beat, yourself as the others are slower than you alread?

In my humble opinion.... :ph34r:

I would ride the Trek and do a back to back comparison with the new Fury. Both local agents and you have had good service from Omnico to date (unless I am missing something).

The Devinci looks like an awesome machine as long as you can get a custom spray job (Agree with OM).... Local backup?

Evil...... Based purely on their response to you over the past 8 weeks, I would wait until I hooked up a deal with either Trek or GT and then send them a picture of you and your new sponsored ride with an open invitation to come watch you rip at the next DH event!

If all else fails, I'll consider trading you if you want your old race steed back. Nice short chain stays and VERY nimble through the tight stuff.... :thumbup: A real machine!