Cycling Clubs and Cyclists beware!!! The Hi jackers are here!

A.S.G. U Suck

At the OP

It's equally sad when someone tells people to buy from overseas vendors.

The LBS also need the support.

Problem with some LBS's is that their customer services is horrible, ordering something and 70 % of the time they don't contact me if it has arrived. And when you arrive at the shop again they say oops we forgot or they are out of stock. So that is why some people say "Screw it , I want the service I pay for".That's why CWC, buycycle and ASG auctions gets my support. They are also local and their service is superb! I have also supported CRC once or twice , good service ,but will rather support the local guys.

Something I don't understand is people say support you local bike shop. Why do they say this? If you can get it cheaper elsewhere then I'm going to get it elsewhere. Supporting local so that the owner can buy himself a nice new merc at the end of the year , and you have a fewer bucks in your pocket makes no sense to me. They claim you are building up the community, uhhm how does this work. They still get the parts in the country that they are manufactured so if you buy from lets say CRC it is just above the prices that the LBS pays from the supplier. So about the same amount of money is going overseas and you pocket the change to build up your community(or yourself with a leka new set of 29er wheels and also donate some to a worthy cause that you support.

This post is my opinion and my 2c I'm contributing to this community and yes I no the post is above and for LBS's just want some answers.... Rant off ,these exams are killing me :thumbdown:

edit spelling

Edited by Inusc

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the OP

It's equally sad when someone tells people to buy from overseas vendors.

The LBS also need the support.

LBS should earn support not expect it!

LBS should earn support not expect it!

And many have.

But by saying you will support an online vendor, in any industry (not just cycling) is that they earned your support.

It clearly highlights one common trend, that price is the only thing that motivates people, not service, relationship or anything else, seeing that online vendors are earning support based on price.

Edited by Wyatt Earp

And many have.

But by saying you will support an online vendor, in any industry (not just cycling) is that they earned your support.

It clearly highlights one common trend, that price is the only thing that motivates people, not service, relationship or anything else, seeing that online vendors are earning support based on price.

Correct. I see the exact same thing in my industry as well. Gone are the days of service and building relationships (apart from a select few, but generally speaking), price wins!

ALL INDUSTRIES, WE HAVE HAD CUSTOMERS FOR 30+ YEARS ITS ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS FOR MOST PEOPLE, BUT LOYALTY IS EARNED

ALL INDUSTRIES, WE HAVE HAD CUSTOMERS FOR 30+ YEARS ITS ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS FOR MOST PEOPLE, BUT LOYALTY IS EARNED

It must have really upset you seeing that you are shouting.

I’m also sure the next one to go very soon is the Jock, I wonder if the Baberton Cycling club is aware of what’s about to happen to their race….

I doubt it very much . The Jock will never be a real mass participation event with 20 000 participants, as it is a stage race requiring a full day, even for the Elite riders - Start 7am and Finish 4pm. Most riders will require 2 nights accommodation in the area.

Availability of accommodation a the cost thereof will always limit participation.

The event also requires a lot of local input, like the co-operation of 3 municipalities and 4 traffic departments, something that only locals with their contacts will get right.

And many have.

Breathe out..... good job Pappi!

I doubt it very much . The Jock will never be a real mass participation event with 20 000 participants, as it is a stage race requiring a full day, even for the Elite riders - Start 7am and Finish 4pm. Most riders will require 2 nights accommodation in the area.

Availability of accommodation a the cost thereof will always limit participation.

The event also requires a lot of local input, like the co-operation of 3 municipalities and 4 traffic departments, something that only locals with their contacts will get right.

Probably the reason the entry fee has gone through the roof of late... Maybe it is about Benjamin :devil:

Not sure of all the details in this matter but this is why protecting your cycle/event races name by means of a trade mark is important, this is what i specialize in.