Cycling Clubs and Cyclists beware!!! The Hi jackers are here!

A.S.G. U Suck

I still don't get then how they were able to "hi-jack" the event, sorry if I'm a bit slow this morning, but I'm just not understanding how this is actually possible? Please do enlighten myself and others and I'm sure I'm not the only one confused here. :wacko:

Am glad I'm not the only one.

But to me this seems like a attempt at making us feel sorry that the OP is not involved in the money making cycle race (and he describes how profitable it is) by pulling the childrens home card.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't we see the same bitching rant a good while ago?

Unfortunately, you pleas will fall on deaf, overpaying ears.

Most cyclists don't care who's in charge. As long as they can pay for an entry and get their medal.

WRONG !!!! He's got my attention and I have taken note !

This sounds like a case of post-13006-0-59430500-1378881120_thumb.jpg to me.

I agree , now lets see how you going to feel if somebody steals something from you that you have put a lot of effort into . But wait they not just stealing from you , they also stealing from the people that depend on you !! OMG .

I agree , now lets see how you going to feel if somebody steals something from you that you have put a lot of effort into . But wait they not just stealing from you , they also stealing from the people that depend on you !! OMG .

This sounds more to me more like, they entered into an agreement with ASG, ASG turned the event into a money making racket and now the club is not happy cause they are not getting enough share of the profits? Correct me if I'm wrong though, but hopefully the OP can, but I'm doubting he will be back to comment

There's quite a lot of smoke around an ASG / CSA conspiracy.

So, methinks there must be some fire.

Would be nice to get some truth, but I suspect we won't.

Expect rather this thread being sanitized i.e. read deleted!

Come on the OP, it costs a lot of money to fly CSA around the country, Last stop Pietermaritzburg, and the price of 4 star accommodation is exorbitant. Who cares about the origins and objective of your event. You are right though, here in the Cape there is an organisation that stands up to them.

As I can remember the previous posting in this tone was one of the few ever that was totally removed after the sponsor, who also is a Hub sponsor, complained.

I agree that the Sattelite is a challenging race.

I also remember the previous complaint.

Why was the previous thread removed? Or maybe the Y2K/no backups crash was a cover - conspiracy nut LMAO

Eagery awaiting ASG's response.

And, if the previous complaint thread was removed, it would be good for admin to explain why, or risk looking like a shill.

To put a rest to any speculation and untrue statements regarding the removal of the previous thread relating to this matter.

It was removed due to the opening post and subject of the discussions being the contents of a private email / communication. The original author of this communication contacted us requesting removal on the grounds that it was made public without consent.

Regarding the current thread, the contents are still to be reviewed and appropriate action will follow. Our platform should not be used to make public any information or statements which are untrue or unfairly defamatory, however factual information considered to be in the public interest will be allowed. We will review the contents and take action on this basis.

I must say I am generally not a fan of their events, largely overpriced and mainly just a big brand pushing exercise...

Surely the original race organisers have some intellectual rights on the route, calendar date and the name?

Would be very sad if what the OP says is true, clubs are the basis for pretty much all structured sport in this country and they are funded for the large part by organising events such as these. If they are getting steamrolled out of their events by these "professional" race organisers and that is being backed in turn by CSA, well it's just a really sad day for cyling. But would it be surprising?

:thumbdown:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwn!!

If there is an event and I want to do it, I will enter it.

I ride races because I want to, not to pretend to be charitable.

If you want to help kids, get off your backside and go do something.

Entering a race might "help", but if you really want to help, go buy the kid a bike! or sacrfice your own time!

We all like to "click share this photo" to cure aids from behind our PCs, but very few of us actually get in our cars and drive to a poor area and give a dude a blanket that needs it!

It is kind of like someone who buys a bike for a steal from a hubber, and then decides to sell it at a higher price for profit.

The original seller was happy, until he realised he could have made more money. The second seller

This is all just politics and I, for one, won't get involved. If I want to do the race, then I will. I don't care who organises it, as long as I get to ride it.

Is it not verboten by admin to have more than one hub handle.... OP seems very familiar with the Hub and where to post his / her gripe. Just asking.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwn!!

If there is an event and I want to do it, I will enter it.

I ride races because I want to, not to pretend to be charitable.

If you want to help kids, get off your backside and go do something.

Entering a race might "help", but if you really want to help, go buy the kid a bike! or sacrfice your own time!

We all like to "click share this photo" to cure aids from behind our PCs, but very few of us actually get in our cars and drive to a poor area and give a dude a blanket that needs it!

most sense so far ESP THE YAAAAAWWNNNN