Cycling Clubs and Cyclists beware!!! The Hi jackers are here!

A.S.G. U Suck

At the OP

It's equally sad when someone tells people to buy from overseas vendors.

The LBS also need the support.

Hi there Wyatt, I'll buy Shimano in SA, Bianchi in SA, and any other product from a cyclist friendly importer and retailer. Local is good!! I support my local cycle shop, no problem. They even built a bike for one of our children home kids with spare parts and an old Bianchi frame I gave them. But the gloves come off when you cross the line and start expoiting one of the charities I give my time and money too, and attempt to take away the IP of our club. Well then I'd rather support one of the other advertisers here on The Hub. CRC is an advertiser right here on The Hub.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the reason the entry fee has gone through the roof of late... Maybe it is about Benjamin :devil:

Hate to burts your bubble....Mr De Villiers is invloved since last year, and yes there went the entry fee Up, Up and away. And if you look again you'll see the event listed on another website with a "....co.za" post fix...just go look an you'll see.

Not sure of all the details in this matter but this is why protecting your cycle/event races name by means of a trade mark is important, this is what i specialize in.

Clubs are not registered entities, CC's, (Pty) Ltd etc....unless one person registers the TM or Reg for and on behalf of the club...he/she leaves the Club will loose the IP.

Argus belongs to CTCTT an registered company that why their race is safe.

I respect ASG for commenting so fast. Right or wrong. My personal opinion is the original agreement has expired, and now potential money is running dry for the club.

I hope the club, the children's home and ASG can resolve this to the best interest of all concerned.

we do not consider this extremely one-sided and bitter view of events as factual at all,

• We are very proud of this event

ag

:eek: :eek:

Thanks for the reply ASG.

Seeing that you don't consider this extremely one-sided and bitter view of events as factual at all, what about a few facts.

Did Wynand de Villiers inform you about the following contract, before, he sold you the race??

Agreement to appoint SupaCycling CC to present the Jakaranda Satellite Classic Cycling Race

1. Purpose of Agreement

This agreement serves to confirm the oral agreement reached between Jakaranda Cycling Club and SupaCycling CC in 2010 for SupaCycling to present the Jakaranda Satellite Classic Cycling Race.

2. Terms Agreed Upon

2.1 This agreement shall remain enforceable between the parties regardless of the incorporation of any name change of the event and or sponsorships accrued (provided same is approved by the Jakaranda Cycling Club).

2.2 The first staging that will be presented by SupaCycling CC will be in 2010 and the final one in 2012 (thus a three year term).

2.3 During this period, SupaCycling CC assumes full financial responsibility and risk to present the event.

2.4 SupaCycling CC shall pay Jakaranda Cycling Club an amount of R10 (Ten Rand) per entry into the event for the first staging.

2.5 The above amount shall be open to a yearly increase as agreed to between parties during organization of each event. Payment will be made no later than 90 (ninety) days after each event.

2.6 Subject to points 4 and 5 (four and five) above, SupaCycling CC shall be entitled to all profits accruing from the event. SupaCycling CC will provide Jakaranda Cycling Club with an audited account of entrants of each event.

2.7 All sponsorships secured for the event (excluding a 20 % finder’s fee, payable to the party who secures the sponsorship), shall fall directly into the race budget and will be managed by SupaCycling CC.

2.8 Jakaranda Cycling Club is obligated to provide resources as agreed in writing between parties for each event.

2.9 Jakaranda Cycling Club will provide a reasonable personnel base as agreed in writing between parties for the event.

2.10 Day license fees for the race will be administered by Jakaranda Cycling Club and all related fees will be added to the race income of Jakaranda Cycling Club.

2.11 Managing and selling of foodstuffs and beverages will be negotiated/arranged by Jakaranda Cycling Club and income of sales will be for the service provider (the church).

2.12 Lead- and sweep vehicles will be arranged by Jakaranda Cycling Club with an agreed, in writing, fee payable by SupaCycling CC to Jakaranda Cycling Club.

2.13 Funds payable to Jakaranda Cycling Club to cover expenses such as labour and necessary equipment will be agreed between the parties annually.

2.14 This agreement shall be renewable on a yearly base should both parties confirm same in writing at least 3 months before the expiry of the renewable year.

2.15 In the event of either party defaulting in its obligations, the aggrieved party shall have the right to cancel this agreement with immediate effect, and the defaulting party shall have no right of any nature, financial or otherwise, against the aggrieved party.

2.16 In the event of the parties hereto reaching an agreement as mentioned in par 2.5, 2.8 and 2.9, this agreement will be incorporated with the written renewal as mentioned in paragraph 2.14.

:eek: :nuke: :oops:

Hier is baie bitterheid en verwyt. Die betrokke partye moet die dreigemente laat vaar, vergader en dit oplos. As fietsry se beeld en waardigheid hier gaan seerkry sal litigasie en hofbevele lank onthou word.

LW. Al die partye!!!!!

Supacycling = Wynand de Villiers. Wynand joined forces with ASG and is still the organiser of the race. The fact that he was allowedto organise the race for 3 years is proof that there must be an agreement. Who got all the big sponsors? Wynand or the club?

Should the club now present the race without Wynand will Bestmed and everyone else still sponsor after this dirty laundry in public.

Is it good business sense to sign away your rights and profits to someone else for R 10 a rider? Or were you desperate at the time?

The club uses the Childrens Home as emotional blackmail to strenghten their case. Why?

The club paints the picture that this affair is threatening the livelihood of the Childrens Home. They only take care of the cycling bit.

There is a farm where the kids go for all kind of activities. They do scuba diving, cycle tours and a whole host of things.

I agree the kids have a hard time. But they are more priveleged than most other kids in South Africa who will never have the same experiences and opportunities and holidays.

There is a number of organisations who contribute and raise funds for the childrens home.

When the previous Jacaranda cycling club Samcor dissolved they left more than R 200 000 for the Childrens home for their cycling programme. The home received all Samcors equipment a whole container full.

According to the contract how can the race be highjacked?

Was the agreement ever signed? Who paid the calendar fees and who registered the race with CSA. If it was Wynand does he now own the race?

O one more thing is their malicious intent if you request your club members to boycott races because Wynand and Johan dut Toit is involved? Lost City? Request on facebook?

I have asked a club representative to respond with some facts. What I was told differs markedly from some of the speculation. I hope it will be put in the open soon. Please refrain from any negative comments towards the Jacaranda Childrens Home since they have done nothing wrong wichever view you take.

Agree 100%. Not necessary for the club to play the emotional card.

There is a load of 'elusive' stuff I want that is not available locally.

That doesn't make the vendor untrustworthy.

Not sure I follow? Both the items described are available locally? Apologies if I missed your reasoning.

Yaaaawn, but the proper term is "their service"

As for the excellence of their service.

Great, they know your name, advised you on the correct product and you send your bike via air mail for servicing.

Try and apply a little intellect as opposed to throwing around random service comments.

I feel DSTV also give excellent service, they deliver a movie straight after I chose it in box office, I have however had shocking service when I have entered a satellite office.

I order my coffee from Top Coffee, excellent service to say the least.

They take my money and are then under obligation to send my product, what a surprise when I actually get the stuff, excellent service (smell the sarcasm)

However if I can make it to the Nespresso shop, I even get to taste blends before I have to buy that particular blend.

I find their staff always to be friendly and helpful especially when it comes to deciding on the correct machine.

Don't confuse excellent service delivery with excellent service.

But then hey, this is 2000 and cheapskate where you ask the LBS for advice, suck the sales persons brains dry, get loads of information out of him, only to order online to save a few pens.

And for what it's worth, I have no issue with online vendors, but don't accuse the bike shops of being twits when their shelf price doesn't suit your budget.

ok, now it's real yawn, I've seen this movie before. Do you work in a bike shop, because clearly this grates your carrot more than the average bunny? I'm not sure what 'service' you thought I was referring to, we all know they don't do (a)maintenance, (b)delivery, © hit tennis balls over a net (d) make you tea (e) suck your balls dry.

Maybe I should have used some intellect and made the distinction better. CRC has excellent CUSTOMER service. If you have issues with an order, they sort it out - often no questions asked. Despite the fact that there is no face-face interaction this is in general far superior to the CUSTOMER service offered by a local bricks and mortar shop (there are of course exceptions).

2.2 The first staging that will be presented by SupaCycling CC will be in 2010 and the final one in 2012 (thus a three year term).

2.14 This agreement shall be renewable on a yearly base should both parties confirm same in writing at least 3 months before the expiry of the renewable year.

2.15 In the event of either party defaulting in its obligations, the aggrieved party shall have the right to cancel this agreement with immediate effect, and the defaulting party shall have no right of any nature, financial or otherwise, against the aggrieved party.

Slam dunk. Give the 2013 race back to the club. Even if you turned it around from the brink of collapse and made a massive success of it the agreement is in black and white. Maybe a bit more profit sharing and the club would have been open to a contract extension.