Endura

One Industries

Troy Lee Designs

Fox

Dakine

First Ascent

Cape Storm

Indola

All available locally from online retailers.

Really depends on what you plan on using them for.

I have about 8 pairs that I cycle in. 5 are dedicated cycling ones.

Endura DH shorts & Hope DH shorts

Both made by Endura and are extremely tough and hard wearing. The fit is amazing and pedaling in them is really not restrictive at all. You hardly notice them. Mesh lined on the inside. Can use the Endura Click fast padded shorts.

Only con is they are a bit warm for proper long rides in summer.

I use them for: Enduro racing & downhill and all mountain in winter.

Price: R1200 to R1800 per pair (no liner)

Dakine Chorus

Bought 2 pairs blindly online. Extremely nice and loose fit. Lots of pockets and relatively light fabric. Very understate design.

Some may not like the length.

I use them for XC / Trail and light downhill.

Price: R1000 per pair.

Fox Blitz

Very heavy fabric. Can take massive hits and comes with removable hip pads. Downhill and BMX short that fits quite well. Not too heavy to pedal in but I won't want to ride more than 20km in them. Good liner.

Cons. Heavy, hot and not pedal friendly.

I use them for downhill and jumping only.

Price: R499 on clearance.

I have bought anatomic baggy shorts they are nice to ware on short rides, but on the long rides they are a pain to much movement on my legs even in the spinning class where I sweat a lot not so comfy. Back to my normal bib shorts

Baggy shorts are for gays... Nobody can see your package in baggies... And you also can't ride a 29r in baggies... Pointless...

Too many cocktails there son... :whistling:

I've got a couple pairs of the Endura Humvees. A little lighter than the DH shorts so wearable any time. There were around R700 from the LBS.

I've got a couple pairs of the Endura Humvees. A little lighter than the DH shorts so wearable any time. There were around R700 from the LBS.

Endura Humvees are nice and baggy for us big okes.Fallen a few times and they still look brand new.

Like shorts to wear out to the movies?

:whistling:

don't joke. ...I know a certain Hubber that has been to the movies and dinner out in his tld downhill shorts...No joke

don't joke. ...I know a certain Hubber that has been to the movies and dinner out in his tld downhill shorts...No joke

Did you wear your pink ones???

Endura Singletrack. The fit is awesome, and they are sold without a liner, which means that you just select your favourite type bibshort and wear it underneath.

I wanted to try Dakine the last time I was in the market for baggies, but the Endura Singletracks I have used were so nice that I bought two new pairs of them instead.