Barbed Wire on Single Track

Vetseun

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you choose...considering price, maintenance and performance

• RS Sid XX 15mm thru and tapered steerer
    • Fox 32 Float 29 15mm thru and tapered steerer

No chance than can be real??? surely the G force will pulverise his bones / intestines / heart???

No idea if it's real or not.... realistically I suspect it is a fake - to get that high would probably create massive damage, and the board/stand on the teeter totter thing would have to be unbelievably strong - can't believe one would be able to carry it that easily...

But it does look like fun... :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheesh!

I know a guy who had his nose and part of his face taken off by a wire between two trees here over Stellenbosch-berg's singletrack.

Amazing what the doctors (plastic surgeons) can do these days to fix you up.

He recovered completely. Could have been dead if the wire was any lower.

In this case it was definitely not a game-trap of sorts, but a malicious act by someone.

Maybe they want you to fall, grab your bike and make a run/ride for it.

Then when they get no "prey", they just leave the wire there for some poor bloke to het himself seriously hurt.

Glad you OK vetseun.

You should go for that tetanus shot if you did not have one in the past few years.

Edited by jmic

:eek:

Not good to hear Vetseun.... I always thought we had it pretty chill here in BFN with regard to bike jackings / crime targeting cyclists etc. Anybody who ties barbed wire across 2 trees is deliberately trying to harm quads, moto-x bikes or cyclists... Whether incorporating it into a crime, or doing it to deter trespassers - it's a very severe measure, and surely criminal.

Freaks me out that it can happen at all.

And I hope it's not the start of something.

Heal up well. Glad it wasn't your neck.

This will affect how you ride next time you go for a personal best. :excl:

Sheesh!

Maybe they want you to fall, grab your bike and make a run/ride for it.

Then when they get no "prey", they just leave the wire there for some poor bloke to het himself seriously hurt.

Glad you OK vetseun.

You should go for that tinnitus shot if you did not have one in the past few years.

Definitely have the tinnitus shot.....in later life you won't have any ringing in your ears.