Sir Chris Froome?

Greybeard

Any word on Froome being Knighted as was Wiggins after last year's tour. Perhaps it's unfortunate that he comes from the colonies.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Wiggins was knighted for his overall contribution to cycling in Britain. His palmares on the track must have contributed to the honour.

Yeah he also won gold at the track olympics last year as well as all his previous track achievements.

But they will probably give Froome a MBE, OBE a CBE for 2013 at the end of the year.

Knighthoods are given out like sweeties so I can't see why Froome wouldn't get one.

Out of a dodgy van outside a school?

Knighthoods are given out like sweeties so I can't see why Froome wouldn't get one.

Probably because he's 2nd at the moment. 2nd in last years tour, 2nd pom to win the french race, second african born rider to wear the jersey... it's kinda ordinary for them now.

Fair dues to twiggy, his was a historic event and he's racked up enough golds and titles to get a 'sir' in front of him. Reckon Froome could get a CBE and if he wants to get down in bended knee then he'll have to up his game. ;)

Also, Wiggins was first brit, Froome was second brit to win... Big difference I think.

Also Wiggins was the biggest prick to ever win the tour. That there is knighthood2