AA -The Avid Appreciation society

PhilipV

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i thought my elixir 3's wat the business, till the front caliper seized on the way down oom piet's at VG.

We have all been there, that feeling when you are going 45km/h+ and you expect the bike to stop when you pull the lever and nothing, so lets pull the other one, and it is like squeezing a sponge, can't say that avid doesn't give you an adrenalin rush.

Hi, I'm Wannabe and the very happy owner on a set of Avid Juicy Three's. :thumbup: :clap:

They have this beautifull "warble" when getting hot going down a steep single track, and they stop everytime I squeeze the lever.

*looks aorund the room*

*no one seems to be standing up*

*silence is getting awkward*

*stands up*

*clears throat*

Hi! I'm patches, and I own Avid Codes, Elixir 7's, and Juicy Carbon's with goodridge hoses...

and I think they're quite alright! :thumbup:

Hi, I'm Wannabe and the very happy owner on a set of Avid Juicy Three's. :thumbup: :clap:

They have this beautifull "warble" when getting hot going down a steep single track, and they stop everytime I squeeze the lever.

LOL. The dreaded turkey warble. That's purely the rotor design. Get better rotors, that dissipate heat better and you'll be golden.

Like me and my XX floating rotors. Bizzzzzzznizzzzz

LOL. The dreaded turkey warble. That's purely the rotor design. Get better rotors, that dissipate heat better and you'll be golden.

Like me and my XX floating rotors. Bizzzzzzznizzzzz

I LOVE it. :clap:

Feels so good to get this off my chest: I love my Avid's!

Never had a problem stopping (including a couple of emergency stops!) - although I try not to use the brakes too often...

Hi, I'm ALLMTB and I love my Avid brakes, I have Juicy three on my previous bike which belong to my brother now and they have not had a bleed in 4 years and still going strong. My current bike has Elixir 5 they are shap soos pap.

Hi, I'm DJR and I've never had anything other than Avids, I love their mating call when it's wet. ;)

I have elixir 3's and has been struggling to set them up right since I bought the bike, I resulted now to running the back caliper a bit loose otherwise I have too much drag on the back wheel

Archived