AA -The Avid Appreciation society

PhilipV

Welcome Jason, how many days since you have been Avid free?....we get badges for milestones.100 Days, 5 years and 10 years. Coffee is at the back of the room, please help yourself.

I AM 100% CLEAN NOW FOR 3 YEARS,,,I DONT NEED A CHIP. I AM CURED BROTHER I HAVE SEEN THE ERROR OF MY WAYS,

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I AM 100% CLEAN NOW FOR 3 YEARS,,,I DONT NEED A CHIP. I AM CURED BROTHER I HAVE SEEN THE ERROR OF MY WAYS,

Wonderfull Jason.....

My life was saved by an intervention at mankele, sitting at the bottom of the sudwala switchbacks, grazed, bruised, shat my pants because brakes didn't work...heck I reckon my even my dog would have bitten me on that day...My life was a dogshow of bling pad adjust knobs and the fake security blanket that the brakes are "modulating"....you know, you deny the problem but if you have to be honest with yourself, stand in front of the mirror and look the man in the eye, you know you have to change.

My partner made me sit through the intervention, you go through the 5 phases...

Denial(These avid brakes must be the best, maybe I just got a bum set)

Anger(Why can everybody stop their bikes and I can't...why????)

Bargaining(Ok if I change the pad and rotors they will work better...they must)

Depression(The new pads, bleed and rotors didn't work...why does this have to happen to me?)

Acceptance(Screw this....hello easybike, ship a set of XT brakes to me)

LOL.

I love my Avids, I do, I do.

I love my brake set it's true!

They stop me in the day,

They stop me in the night.

Every time they stop me,

It's like seeing the light!

Some people they think

That Avids do stink

But they haven't seen

What a dream mine have been!

With a bit of love,

and a slow bleed or two

Avids are beautiful

You can have some too!

Wonderfull Jason.....

My life was saved by an intervention at mankele, sitting at the bottom of the sudwala switchbacks, grazed, bruised, shat my pants because brakes didn't work...heck I reckon my even my dog would have bitten me on that day...My life was a dogshow of bling pad adjust knobs and the fake security blanket that the brakes are "modulating"....you know, you deny the problem but if you have to be honest with yourself, stand in front of the mirror and look the man in the eye, you know you have to change.

My partner made me sit through the intervention, you go through the 5 phases...

Denial(These avid brakes must be the best, maybe I just got a bum set)

Anger(Why can everybody stop their bikes and I can't...why????)

Bargaining(Ok if I change the pad and rotors they will work better...they must)

Depression(The new pads, bleed and rotors didn't work...why does this have to happen to me?)

Acceptance(Screw this....hello easybike, ship a set of XT brakes to me)

Funny :)

LOL.

They stop me in the day,

Every time they stop me,

Some people they think

That Avids do stink

But they haven't seen

With a bit of love,

and a slow bleed or two

Avids are beautiful

You can have some too!

Quite the Poet !!

LOL.

They stop me in the day,

Every time they stop me,

Some people they think

That Avids do stink

But they haven't seen

With a bit of love,

and a slow bleed or two

Avids are beautiful

You can have some too!

hahahaha poet and you dont even know it

Clearing my throat....(To the tune of no woman no cry by bob marley and the wailers)

No Avid no cry...

No Elixir no die...

No tamatie no slaai.....No charcoal no braai(ok I ran out of ideas on the last two lines)

hahahaha poet and you dont even know it

Clearing my throat....(To the tune of no woman no cry by bob marley and the wailers)

No Avid no cry...

No Elixir no die...

No tamatie no slaai.

xtr till i die

In the interest of research I have fitted Avids to the last two bikes and have been pleasantly surprised. No squeal to speak of and performance was on par with brake sets from competitors at the same price point. Very hign-end I would still go for Formula or Hope Stealth Race over XX, but that's down to personal choice and preference and Formula being the absolute beez kneez. when it comes to performance. Even more so when considering Weight / Power ratio.

My name is Iwan and condone the use of Avid Brakes. To the point where my Vipa is being build with Avids.

In the interest of research I have fitted Avids to the last two bikes and have been pleasantly surprised. No squeal to speak of and performance was on par with brake sets from competitors at the same price point. Very hign-end I would still go for Formula or Hope Stealth Race over XX, but that's down to personal choice and preference and Formula being the absolute beez kneez. when it comes to performance. Even more so when considering Weight / Power ratio.

My name is Iwan and condone the use of Avid Brakes. To the point where my Vipa is being build with Avids.

I can organize an intervention if you like ;)

Denial is a lelike ding.

So - which Avids are on there?

Archived