AA -The Avid Appreciation society

PhilipV

Can anyone tell me where to get seal kits (lever and caliper) for Juicy Three's.

It doesn't really matter where in the country as they'll need to be posted anyway.

Thanks.

A friend wants to know.......... ;)

Have dig here: http://www.ukbikesto...avid-spares.htm Huge stock of Avid bits 'n pieces; not in SA though...

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing that this is an Avid thread,Got a set of avid elixir 3 and original rotors for sale(used like 9 times) perfect condition (850 buks :-)

I upggraded to XO

• 1 month later...

So after another brake question thread turned into an Avid bashing thread, I reckon it is time for the handful of guys who like Avid brakes to stand together.

Hi, I'm Philip and I like my Avid brakes.

Maybe you wouldn't need that avatar if you'd been riding XT?

Coat, hat, door.....

BTW, I have a complete set of Avid Elixir 7's with rotors, 160mm I think. Ridden for around 250km. Anyone got some cash to part with?

A big. ..rather make that a huge thanks to Swissvan for sending off a set of Avids for me that he offered up a good while ago and also going waaayyy out of his way to assist me.

Two thumbs up Mr Swissvan

A big. ..rather make that a huge thanks to Swissvan for sending off a set of Avids for me that he offered up a good while ago and also going waaayyy out of his way to assist me.

Two thumbs up Mr Swissvan

I have in my possession a nice set of Avid elixir cr's.....Thanks again Swissvan!

I'm not sure if I want to join you guys, I guess I qualify because a bike I own has Avids ( which are crap). But seriously guys you've named this the Avid Appreciation Society which has the acronym AAS. I suppose crap brakes are closely related .to AAS but I'm not sure I want to have any part of AAS unless it is the derrièreof the female variety ^_^ .

Maybe you wouldn't need that avatar if you'd been riding XT?

Coat, hat, door.....

nope, rock climbing incident.

if you price it right you should be able to move it quickly. Don't be greedy though if you are in a hurry.

I'm not sure if I want to join you guys, I guess I qualify because a bike I own has Avids ( which are crap). But seriously guys you've named this the Avid Appreciation Society which has the acronym AAS. I suppose crap brakes are closely related .to AAS but I'm not sure I want to have any part of AAS unless it is the derrière of the female variety ^_^ .

ASS or ARSE maybe if you are referring to a derriere.

But AAS is well Afrikaans for bait.

Had the same Juicy 5's on bikes since 2007 and they're just fine.

Except when you send them to SRAM to be serviced. That will teach you a lesson about doing stuff yourself.

I have in my possession a nice set of Avid elixir cr's.....Thanks again Swissvan!

Glad you got them in one piece and hope they perform.

Actually came close to flogging them in switz...need the money for some TT wheels

BUT a deals a deal :thumbup: .... Let me know how they work out.

Actually came close to flogging them in switz...need the money for some TT wheels

Anyone know if there is a Specialized Epic appreciation thread... :w00t:

Got a Spez Epic S Works 2004 (V Brake) in excelent condition, reluctant to sell but need the $ for TT wheel set.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again Swissvan. ....The brakes were fitted last night and based on the 00:45 am ride around the block feel great!!!!

post-5403-1390133187,9738.jpg

post-5403-1390133212,0598.jpg

post-5403-1390133234,285.jpg

post-5403-1390133256,8296.jpg

Update.

First cycle in being a commute on the bike.

The brakes feel just right, good modulation, power on demand and the lever feel is perfect .... just like the codes on my MOTO ;)

Thanks to Flowta for the 6 bolt 185mm rotors.

Archived