Narrow Wide Chainring Question

missionS

Lol, you are 100% right.

But what happens when you go 1x10 is that you adjust your technique because you dont have a bail out gear like you used to. This requires more effort and better technique like moving forward on the seat to retain traction etc. You get fitter and stronger as a result. In other words I am less lazy with the 1x10 than I was with 2x10. Thats all.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 36 deffo looks good with 29 er wheels - dont go any smaller in the front.

I'm getting both 36 and 32 rings with my new cranks soon, going to be paired to an 11-36t. Initially I was full of bravado when ordering the 36 in addition to the standard 32, but a ride in Jonkers last weekend worried me a bit, so at the moment I'm thinking that I'm going to keep the 32 and sell the 36t (both XX1). Swopping them to suit what I'm mostly doing is an option, but then I might as well have kept my 3 ring setup!

Lol, you are 100% right.

But what happens when you go 1x10 is that you adjust your technique because you dont have a bail out gear like you used to. This requires more effort and better technique like moving forward on the seat to retain traction etc. You get fitter and stronger as a result. In other words I am less lazy with the 1x10 than I was with 2x10. Thats all.

He he - fuzzy logic rocks.

The net result is that you're riding better so its a win!

Lol, you are 100% right.

Imagine what you are capable of if you make your 1x10 a 1x1.... :w00t:

Imagine what you are capable of if you make your 1x10 a 1x1.... :w00t:

What he said ;-)

Everybody should own an SS in their life! Its the bicycle equvalent of Alfas and Petrolheads!

What he said ;-)

Everybody should own an SS in their life! Its the bicycle equvalent of Alfas and Petrolheads!

My SS is the furthest thing from an Alfa. It doesn't break down, parts are not "unavailable" and the build quality is awesome!

My SS is the furthest thing from an Alfa. It doesn't break down, parts are not "unavailable" and the build quality is awesome!

But you love it the same way a petrolhead loves his alfa...doesn't make sense on paper

You don't need to get a 1x1 to have the petrol head vibe with your bike. Mine has stickers, 1x10 and a new seat to prove it...

This is what I had on for 3Towers, all the fast downhills including last day Avalanche could not get chain off!

Very happy with setup! :clap:post-23019-0-56583700-1381250359_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

36T is a considered "granny gear" in Peach's books. He's rolling on a 38T

:blush: Askies, just saw that on his post on "Your Enduro ride"! 38T Chainring on the Trance!

Ask Peaches, he does roll with that ring!

Only 1 available in green... or 38 ^_^

Do prefer grinding in big gear then spinning though.

Peaches has youth on his side though :P

:blush: Askies, just saw that on his post on "Your Enduro ride"! 38T Chainring on the Trance!

WTF ! morzine horse :lol:

Think i should maybe wait for stock of a 34 "grandpa gear" :whistling: