SA Enduro series - race #2

Nofearnofun

Yebo. Splits left off the main DH line just after Eye-Boggler.

So the ride to the start is going to be tortuous, but at least we don't finish all the way down at the bottom, since I believe SP2 starts in the same or similar spot to SP1. I think having only a 36t chainring up front may hurt...

Some pushing to get to the top, again! :mellow: Luckily the ride up is shorter after every run!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The remaining 4 SPs are a secret... 20km of climbing with 1.2km of vertical and the best part is that the DESCENDING is the same!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: 20KM OF CLIMBING!!!

Question .... don't do vliesbook and they seem to not have a conventional www ... is this "SA" Enduro series just a JHB area race series or do they actually cover the whole of SA as a travelling series?

Question .... don't do vliesbook and they seem to not have a conventional www ... is this "SA" Enduro series just a JHB area race series or do they actually cover the whole of SA as a travelling series?

What he said.

Cascades = KZN oom...

From what I know it's currently in KZN with the intention to spread it nationwide. I'm sure some more clued up Enduro lads will be more informed.

Cascades = KZN oom...

From what I know it's currently in KZN with the intention to spread it nationwide. I'm sure some more clued up Enduro lads will be more informed.

Thanks Ryan ... those areas all sound the same to me, but I understand the JHB crew have to trek to KZN for any decent trails.

Ok, my gripe.

Don't call something the SA Enduro series if it is a regional event ... call it the bloody KZN Enduro Series or something else like that ... to claim "SA" Rights is very misleading and a bit off putting ... kind of like the Americans calling the "baseball world series" that is actually only an American teams event ... but then again they are American and can be excused for "thinking" they are the world ...

And besides, everyone knows all the real trails are in the Western Cape... :whistling:

UCI apparently have a different opinion :ph34r:...

Thanks Ryan ... those areas all sound the same to me, but I understand the JHB crew have to trek to KZN for any decent trails.

Ok, my gripe.

Don't call something the SA Enduro series if it is a regional event ... call it the bloody KZN Enduro Series or something else like that ... to claim "SA" Rights is very misleading and a bit off putting ... kind of like the Americans calling the "baseball world series" that is actually only an American teams event ... but then again they are American and can be excused for "thinking" they are the world ...

I think there's a genuine intention to make it National.

Honestly, at the moment I don't think there's enough interest to have a sustainable series in each region. So I think the idea is to have one series that moves around... I think...

Ok, my gripe.

I hear what you're saying, but... Enduro is still very small in SA, and if their intention is to get a bit of coverage with this event and try spread it over the entire country eventually then I think its ok.

I'm just glad there are people trying to promote enduro in SA.

Plus KZN (and WC it seems) do have the best trails for enduro in the country

Ok, my gripe.

An individual has taken the initiative to get the Enduro scene happening in KZN, with his 1st event costing him a lot of cash. He's not formally involved in the MTB scene and has a day job like you or I but want to see this particular racing format grow in SA. The big idea is to have a national series, but you have to start somewhere and he happens to live in PMB... Yes the name may be over ambitious, but KZN MTB now recognizes enduro as a racing format and has added an Enduro category to the committee, due to the individual pushing the format.

I don't see the harm in thinking big.

I think there's a genuine intention to make it National.

Honestly, at the moment I don't think there's enough interest to have a sustainable series in each region. So I think the idea is to have one series that moves around... I think...

If I think of the WC there is Dirtopia running a series that is rather successful and covers the greater WC region .... I am sure they are also seeing a National Series in the future.

You can't take the UCI seriously ... really now, who does!

You can't take the UCI seriously ... really now, who does?

Pretty sure Mr Minn does... he's from PMB... :clap: .