Guest Omega Man

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

@ anyone sort of thinking about it.

The track is RIDONCULOUS. Vince, Duran and I have taken our inspiration from the Zore track in Morzine so there are loads of nice big safe jumps.

There are 4 significant features on the track.

• Monster road gap
  • big ass step down
  • big hip
  • 14m road gap double

But the B lines around these features are all still fun and won't cost you too much time. There's about 10 jumps on the track so there going to be lots and lots of airtime. It's totally rideable on a trail.AM bike.

Even if you aren't keen to race come check it out. We are also going to make a few exiting announcements around the future of the track. This is by far the best opportunity we've ever had to build a proper (Dare I say the words?) Bike Park in the Western Cape and the more people that are there the more momentum it will give use with the land owner.

Edited by Omega Man

if i didnt know where to look, i would never have seen you thin-line scribblings the oh Mega. Maybe start the scribblings in another color starting from the highway? ;)

Guest Omega Man

if i didnt know where to look, i would never have seen you thin-line scribblings the oh Mega. Maybe start the scribblings in another color starting from the highway? ;)

Haha. I didn't do the map. guess who did.......

Guest Omega Man

Better?

If coming from Somerset West take the red line. If coming from Stellenbosch take the Old Stellenbosch Road Turnoff.

You will come to a sliding gate on a corner on Helderspruit Road. Drive up the Cement Road/ Path. It's K@K steep in places so for the sake of your clutch just stay in 1st gear and give the oke in front of you a very healthy gap.

post-18968-0-90071700-1380878394_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega Man

Are there any Youtoob vids of a run down the new track?

How would nyou compare it in terms of gnar rating to Tokai's DH track, which is the only one I am familar with.

Guest Omega Man

Are there any Youtoob vids of a run down the new track?

How would nyou compare it in terms of gnar rating to Tokai's DH track, which is the only one I am familar with.

Um. The shape of the mountain is very similar to Tokai. steep at the top and sort of flattens out at the bottom. But the jumps are all made with machines so while they are big they are mega safe. There are no stumps sticking out the ground or dodgy jumps like at Tokai. (Not dissing Tokai here) Just big tables that are fully caseable. There is no root/rock garden line at tokai in DH2 so the track is like DH1 and DH3.

The 4 big features have nice fun b lines around them.

The gnar is self imposed. so the faster you go the gnarlier it gets. All the jumps are fully rollable tho. There's an Enduro class too so you won't be racing Pottie or anything silly.

It's SUUUUCH a fun track.

Edited by Omega Man

Um. The shape of the mountain is very similar to Tokai. steep at the top and sort of flattens out at the bottom. But the jumps are all made with machines so while they are big they are mega safe. There are no stumps sticking out the ground or dodgy jumps like at Tokai. Just big tables that are fully caseable. There is no root/rock garden line at tokai in DH2 so the track is like DH1 and DH3.

The 4 big features have nice fun b lines around them.

The gnar is self imposed. so the faster you go the gnarlier it gets. All the jumps are fully rollable tho. There's an Enduro class too so you won't be racing Pottie or anything silly.

It's SUUUUCH a fun track.

Well done and best wishes for the event, you guys are clearly passionate.

Life looks like I am not going to be able to make this event, but those who can make it please do.

Guest Omega Man

Well done and best wishes for the event, you guys are clearly passionate.

Life looks like I am not going to be able to make this event, but those who can make it please do.

We are making an announcement about future plans at the race so keep your ears to the ground.

sounds great - I must say the stumps in odd places are the worst feature at Tokai - it would be good to dig some of them out - eg at the run into the small gap on Roots is realy messed up by those 40 cm stumps waiting to catch you.. Wide and smooth sounds good...

Guest Omega Man

sounds great - I must say the stumps in odd places are the worst feature at Tokai - it would be good to dig some of them out - eg at the run into the small gap on Roots is realy messed up by those 40 cm stumps waiting to catch you.. Wide and smooth sounds good...

Ja but the stumps keep the ground from washing away so it's not all bad.

but ja. our track is wide. like 2m

i hope the track is designed such that a 2m width is fully usable depending on what a rider considers the right line. But i'll take 2m wide any day just because!

super amped Oh Mega, and yes, new map is better! :thumbup:

Guest Omega Man

i hope the track is designed such that a 2m width is fully usable depending on what a rider considers the right line. But i'll take 2m wide any day just because!

super amped Oh Mega, and yes, new map is better! :thumbup:

Not really. It's 2m wide cos that's the width of the digger on a jcb. hahhaha. most of the top is 1 line stuff but there are deff spots where there are sneaky lines and some transfer hops and the like.

It will keep you entertained that is for sure.

Just take note on what I said about the steepness of the road. you don't want to be doing a hill start on the steeps.