Finally, easy and reliable Bike Finance available in SA

Terence Hope

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Guy / Girl sitting on the couch, potentially overweight / borderline who cannot afford to go out and buy a new / 2nd hand bike in cash although really wants to start riding to get "fit", must rather not and end up having a heart attack at 33?

This faciliity may give that person the ability / motivation (if you are paying for it every month you better be using it - Not the case for most Virgin members I know) to start something that could potentially be life changing and in fact maybe save their life.

What is more likely to be used, a gym membership that is likely not to be used after the 2nd month (which you are tied into for a number of years anyway) or a finance payment for a bike that you can use at anytime day or night?

Would I personally finance a bicycle, probably not, my car and house are financed but my bikes were built up over a period of time with parts sourced from different places (thanks mostly to the great people on theHub, :-) ) as and when i could spare the money.

Edit: S&G

I recon that you are looking at a HUGE minority of the potential clientelle with the above assumption.

Then again if that person is really determined to change their lives they will find a way to get a bike or go and buy a pair of takkies on an Edgar account with 6 months interest free and then loose weight and avoid that heart attack at 33 you are referring too.

Too much drama in your scenario above.

In the same way you approached building up your cycling, so too did I ... 11/12 years down the line I have two reasonably good bikes ... but it took time.

Too much drama in your scenario above.

Granted a bit :ph34r: extreme, but there "may" be a place for it.

In the same way you approached building up your cycling, so too did I ... 11/12 years down the line I have two reasonably good bikes ... but it took time.

Yip, and learnt a lot in the process.