Finally, easy and reliable Bike Finance available in SA

Terence Hope

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another way to spend money u haven't earned yet...

Welcome to the world of capitalism. Credit is the steroid for growth. Nothing like consuming out of future income. Think of the USD 16 trillion USA budget deficit, the bastion of global capitalism.

Wishing Terence Hope everything of the best with this business venture, honestly. They'll be taking the credit risk on your desire to have a bicycle you actually can't afford to pay cash for. Most of us fall into that category.

i noticed with shock last weekend that some shitty cycle store at anal walk and who offer less than competent service now have finance options available at a low 22% interest rate. i did not check the period of payments as i was too disgusted to bother ..........

sorry for my rant but this just feels so wrong for me

Please say why, it could be some more interesting reading

Please say why, it could be some more interesting reading

as someone else said previously in this thread ... if you really can not save for your bike you should not necessarily be buying it on credit

now this just is a slightly grey area as there are at times some really silly deals that are so exceptionally good you just cannot pass it on.......but to make this really viable that if you do not have the funds at hand you have to take it on credit then that deal has to be really exceptional.

i just have about aversion to buying goods on credit ......rather live a simpler life and wait and work for what you want vs instant gratification that comes at a long term price

you really do not need that supperdupper new fancy bike if you are a weekend warrior .....not so much that you need to take out expensive finance for it.

as someone else said previously in this thread ... if you really can not save for your bike you should not necessarily be buying it on credit

now this just is a slightly grey area as there are at times some really silly deals that are so exceptionally good you just cannot pass it on.......but to make this really viable that if you do not have the funds at hand you have to take it on credit then that deal has to be really exceptional.

i just have about aversion to buying goods on credit ......rather live a simpler life and wait and work for what you want vs instant gratification that comes at a long term price

you really do not need that supperdupper new fancy bike if you are a weekend warrior .....not so much that you need to take out expensive finance for it.

I share your sentiments ... and here's the but - haven't we all bought life-changing goods on credit at some stage of our lives? Think university degree based on a student loan, or house based on a mortgage bond, or car based on a lease agreement, etc., etc.

and here's the but - haven't we all bought life-changing goods on credit at some stage of our lives? Think university degree based on a student loan, or house based on a mortgage bond, or car based on a lease agreement, etc., etc.

None of those are toys.

Borrowing to buy a rapidly depreciating toy is silly. If you cant afford to save for it, you cant afford to borrow the money.

None of those are toys.

Borrowing to buy a rapidly depreciating toy is silly. If you cant afford to save for it, you cant afford to borrow the money.

For the record I'm a firm believer that toys must only ever be paid for in cash. My emphasis is more on life-changing. Car? Bicycle?

None of those are toys.

Agree with you Eddy.

However, if you look at what the Hubbers are selling their secondhand bikes, parts, and other bike related goods, a bicycle have the least depreciation of all movable goods. So it seems to be a good investment?

Agree with you Eddy.

However, if you look at what the Hubbers are selling their secondhand bikes, parts, and other bike related goods, a bicycle have the least depreciation of all movable goods. So it seems to be a good investment?

no, an investment is something that makes money, not something that depreciates, even if slowly

Ai julle slim mense tog, as jy wil fietsry en hierdie is die enigste manier is dit die regte manier. Julle ken nie wat in 'n ander mens se kop aangaan nie, julle ken net wat in julle eie koppe aangaan, en dit lyk my is o so belangrik.

Hi. Most every industry offers consumers some type of buy on credit option. Tyres and wheels, furniture, tv's, clothes, cars, etc. If Terence is into financing bicycles and he offers a competitive, trustworthy business, then great for him (and good luck!). If anyone can afford to pay cash for everything they need/want then great for you. I hope to be in the same position one day. However, until that time, I will need to consider credit options for items I need/want. If that is a bicycle then that is my decision based on careful consideration of my financial responsibilities.

To be able to offer credit (discussing it means you can offer it). You need to be registered with the NCR. Are you? If yes, your reg details please.