Road Index

Cycling Addict

Quick question, do the penalty points go away when you do a race again? Or are you stuck with them forever?

Uhm, your stuck with them forever, in fact they will only get worse

But because you race again you will have new results with no penalty points...

National seeding ladder won't ever happen until everyone that has spent money timing events gives up all that data for free.

Also wrt to the 6 month old data, in all fairness if you have not been cycling in their eyes for 6 months you would be less fit. Remember the penalty applies to everyone so everyone moves down a group in winter. It stops someone you had one lucky day 2 years ago in one race being seeded too high.

National seeding ladder won't ever happen until everyone that has spent money timing events gives up all that data for free.

Also wrt to the 6 month old data, in all fairness if you have not been cycling in their eyes for 6 months you would be less fit. Remember the penalty applies to everyone so everyone moves down a group in winter. It stops someone you had one lucky day 2 years ago in one race being seeded too high.

I have been training during winter, just not racing. But ja, I had a bit of a blonde moment there.. Obviously the "penalized" races wont count towards my seeding once I start racing again

So to backup this comment, I've done tough races such as the Panorama Tour and Kremetart in the last 5 months although with neither of those being RaceTec races and me not having competed in a RaceTec race since April, I'm getting penalised on all of my current race seedings. PedalPower, RaceTec and the race organisers are clearly all in bed together.

Watse stront is dit. ek bly waar daar nie seeding events is nie, nou word ek gepenaliseer daarvoor?

Watse stront is dit. ek bly waar daar nie seeding events is nie, nou word ek gepenaliseer daarvoor?

So as daar nie seeding events is waar jy bly nie wat wil jy met 'n seeding maak?

(PPA seeding en Argus seeding nie dieselfde ding nie)

on a race like the 94.7 and burger where do the get the seeding from.

94.7 has a official list of races whose results would count for seeding, for Die Burger they use your best Racetec times for that calender year (and I assume your previous Burger time)

Obviously there would be a strong correlation between your Argus/Burger/94.7 seeding and PPA seeding as its calculated from the same pool of races, but they only use the 3 month penalty thing for the PPA seedings, not the big race seedings

You can check on pedalpower but it only includes racetec events. Not sure where else.

Checked yesterday looks like they have updated it with the all the Championship events as well from what i can see.

I've only done one PPA/seeding race in the past three years, so it’s slipped quite a chunk. Am considering doing Die Burger just to get a good one onto the record.

I do see that they've upgraded the system quite a bit, and it’s done on a proper statistical method using regression. I’m pretty sure there are still ways to try and manipulate it, BUT it looks like it’s way harder to sandbag an easy event and get an amazing result. You get penalised for races older than 5 months, one percent for each month.

I don’t have a problem with this, definitely happy for them to reward people who race often (even if it works directly against an occasional racer like myself). Can’t stand the people who hold onto good seedings by finishing near the back of a good bunch once a year. It still uses your absolute time as the result. We all know a 3:05 Argus from the solo winner of group V beats a 2:59 from the back of C bunch, but that probably gets a bit too complicated to work across all races in the season.