Die Burger Road Race

Mylolylo

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was intense! Incredibly tough in parts, but overall thoroughly enjoyable to finish in one piece. Was aiming for sub 3; got in just under 3h10. So still pretty happy. :)

I left Durbanville in zero wind conditions. Got blown everwhere in the race, back in Durbanville and almost no wind! Tough race, just happy I got to ride after stupid hayfever and nasal infection. Could have been bettrr though. Now time to relax.

Somehow I don't feel so bad about missing an entry this year. The hayfever and nasal infections is doing it's best to keep me off the bike this spring/summer. I hope this stront is now coming to an end so I can get back on the ski and the bike.

For those cyclist out there; hang tough. Respect to anyone riding today.

PS: I don't know what's going on in the Cape air this year. It's the worst I had it for the past 10 years.

Edited by Moridin

I think I saw the dude in that kit from your avatar.

Start in A perhaps?

Was in the final selection into Klapmuts?

That dude did look tranquillo in the saddle.

Thats one of our riders, Travis I think.

He had a great ride! 2:43

Was an amazing ride today, felt really strong and managed to not get dropped! Most fun I have had on a bike for a long time!

I think I saw the dude in that kit from your avatar.

Start in A perhaps?

Was in the final selection into Klapmuts?

That dude did look tranquillo in the saddle.

wind certainly made things interesting.......but, a good day on the bike

got taken out from behind while tryiing to avoid an accident at the refreshmnt station just aftEr klapmuts....luckily i was going very slowly at the time...so wasnt too bad....did a 2.54

got wannabe and luc along the way.......

I left Durbanville in zero wind conditions. Got blown everwhere in the race, back in Durbanville and almost no wind! Tough race, just happy I got to ride after stupid hayfever and nasal infection. Could have been bettrr though. Now time to relax.

:)

Same here!

Stopped at the Bottelary end garage to warm up to the start and the wind battered me!

Enjoyable race, very hard at times with all the gutters, but pain makes you stronger!