Die Burger Road Race

Mylolylo

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if it has been asked already,...... scanned through the pages but I cant see.

Anyone know why Johann Rabie rolled in two minutes early?

Did he manage to get away somewhere?

He broke away 10km from the end

BETA, don't even get me started on how screwed up this is. Last year Burger was 0.98, when PPA re-seeded they changed it to 1.06 but kept the Argus as 1??? So, who knows what the Beta will be.

Burger 2012 = was 0.98 but then later changed to 1.06 (while great tailwind all the way home, perfect conditions)?

Burger 2011 = was very windy similar to this year and was only 0.94

Thinking probably around 1.

The Argus will always be kept as one, as it is the race that every race is compared to. You cant change the race that all other betas are compared to. Every race is marked as if you had ridden the argus.

The Argus will always be kept as one, as it is the race that every race is compared to. You cant change the race that all other betas are compared to. Every race is marked as if you had ridden the argus.

As I understand the Argus in near perfect conditions will be 1, a windy Argus will be more than 1.

The beta is the one dark art of the PPA seedings I don't understand, I'm also not sure why they would change a Beta for a race (like the 2012 Burger that was changed from 0.98 to 1.06)

But if I remembered correcrly last year they updated the seedings about a week after the Burger, so hopefully by monday we won't need to guess betas!

That's a nice simple way to explain it. :)

@woofie correct his team set it up perfectly, set a pace line and strung out the bunch and he attacked off the momentum from the surge, class riding from Nu Water, they pretty much showed everyone how a team works.

@woofie correct his team set it up perfectly, set a pace line and strung out the bunch and he attacked off the momentum from the surge, class riding from Nu Water, they pretty much showed everyone how a team works.

Plus he had to stay away under those conditions.

Special victory.

Hey Guys and girls,

My racetec results for the Burger weren't posted as apparently I didn't finish the race????

I recorded over the initial timing mat, the one above Hels, and the one at the half way point, but somehow the chip failed to register at the finishing timing mat.

I recorded a time of 02:51:44 on my sigma (from a C seeding), and therefore have no strava or other form of GPS to back up my claim.

Very upset about this. :cursing:

So Burger has a beta of 0.98.... mmmm. very strange.

One tonner, 1.61, that makes sense. But the Lagoon Cycle has 1.1, no way the burger had better conditions than langebaan.

Not sure if this was discussed but how was that dude Craig Edwards who rode away from the % Bunch put 5 minutes into the group, now that's power for you. I should've sucked his wheel when the opportunity presented itself.

Not sure if this was discussed but how was that dude Craig Edwards who rode away from the % Bunch put 5 minutes into the group, now that's power for you. I should've sucked his wheel when the opportunity presented itself.

Geez, and I thought it was a mistake on Racetec! Well done :thumbup:

I missed out on the action you say? :'(