Die Burger Road Race

Mylolylo

Sometimes you have to stop. I am expanding my business and the monday after the Burger I pick up a new truck in Cape Town. That truck need to be kept on the road day and night to be paid, so no time for training anymore. Plus little Breezer will arrive mid December.

Good luck with your expanding business venture. Always sad to see a good Hubber go. All of the best Breezer and enjoy your last Burger.

PS! I still use those Mavic Aksiums for training I bought from you years ago. They haven't skipped a beat ;-)

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did my first DC last year and then set my best ever Burger time a week later. I reckon it actually helped (ok, I know we had very easy Burger conditions last year)

Conditions was near perfect last year.

Did my first DC last year and then set my best ever Burger time a week later. I reckon it actually helped (ok, I know we had very easy Burger conditions last year)

Burger was awesome last year. Hoping to improve my time this year. Yes the DC training would actually help towards a good Burger. My first DC as well, just need to recover. Luckily I only have two work days that week following DC.

no road bike ATM

still minimal movement in both knee and shoulder

will have to sit this one out aswell (along with the DC) :(

Burger was awesome last year. Hoping to improve my time this year. Yes the DC training would actually help towards a good Burger. My first DC as well, just need to recover. Luckily I only have two work days that week following DC.

Nursing neck injury - so no time target for me. Will just aim to enjoy the ride and atmosphere this year.

no road bike ATM

Make a plan boss.

Entered, looking forward to this! Wonder how fast the entries will sell out, considering how fast the other road events have sold out this year.

Nice one. Judging by your recent speeds on Strava, I don't think I'll be seeing much of you during teh ride - so hope you have a good one. Kudos for riding to/from the start of the WC express, must have been great day on the bike

Nice one. Judging by your recent speeds on Strava, I don't think I'll be seeing much of you during teh ride - so hope you have a good one. Kudos for riding to/from the start of the WC express, must have been great day on the bike

It really was a great day! Met up with some fellow hubbers and rode in and then joined the masses on the way back.

Wish there were more races/events that we could ride to. Many events I end up driving further than I cycle!

Will see you at the end of the DC :)

no road bike ATM

Yoh

Who am I gonna lead out this year then?

Yoh

Who am I gonna lead out this year then?

haha i remember that like it was yesterday boet

il be back 2014 :whistling:

All the best.

Good luck with your expanding business venture. Always sad to see a good Hubber go. All of the best Breezer and enjoy your last Burger.

PS! I still use those Mavic Aksiums for training I bought from you years ago. They haven't skipped a beat ;-)

Thanks, but I won't stop cycling, just racing for 2 or 3 years.

Thanks, but I won't stop cycling, just racing for 2 or 3 years.

Yeah, how could one go to a screeching halt with this beautiful sport

how could one go to a screeching halt with this beautiful sport

Disc brakes maybe? I hear they're the next big thing on road bikes .... ;)

I haven't done a race event yet as I'm still a newb, so I have a few questions I hope you guys can help with.

I'm doing my first race event - the one in march where we ride through the western cape :-) Do you think Die Burger is a good practice run, maybe trying the 44km or rather the 97km. The furthest I've gone is 55kms so far.

Also, I know there will be no road closures, but will there be next to the road support?

P.S. I will be doing it on a mtb with slicks.

Edited by MeridaFanboy