Die Burger Road Race

Mylolylo

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see there's only 2 places u can register. What about the guys/girls in the northern suburbs.

Chris willemse cycles ?????

You can register at the Oakdale club on Friday 29th November .

R265 for a race without road closure?

PPA gotta pay for those nice offices, cars and lawyers somehow .... ;)

Then vote with your wallets and don't enter. Nobody is forcing you to.

Remember that this is not a PPA race, althought they assist with it. It is a National Seeding race (for Argus amongst others, 94.7, Amashova, OFM Classic, etc.) and different criteria is used for the seeding. Hence the fact that you get different seeded numbers and do not use your PPA numbers.

DON'T ALWAYS PUT THE BLAME AT THE DOOR OF THE PPA!!!!!

Remember that this is not a PPA race, althought they assist with it. It is a National Seeding race (for Argus amongst others, 94.7, Amashova, OFM Classic, etc.) and different criteria is used for the seeding. Hence the fact that you get different seeded numbers and do not use your PPA numbers.

Errr ... joke ... sense of humour failure

DON'T ALWAYS OVER REACT AND START SHOUTING

This is the official T-shirt for the 'Die Burger PPA Cycle Tour'. It sure looks like a PPA race to me.

Just saying.

1863_Souvenir_tshirt.jpg

This is the official T-shirt for the 'Die Burger PPA Cycle Tour'. It sure looks like a PPA race to me.

Just saying.

1863_Souvenir_tshirt.jpg

To support Wannabe on this one, there is a difference between being a sponsor and organiser, for the Burger PPA is now for the first time a title sponsor.

Yes it is a bit more expensive than I would have liked, but organisers would justify the price by saying this race have more marshals, traffic cops, medics, water tables, technical assistance, prize money etc than your normal local weekend race.

For me the event is worth the entry money, don't mind that some disagree ;)

Edited by Skubarra

To support Wannabe on this one, there is a difference between being a sponsor and organiser, for the Burger PPA is now for the first time a title sponsor.

Yes it is a bit more expensive than I would have liked, but organisers would justify the price by saying this race have more marshals, traffic cops, medics, water tables, technical assistance, prize money etc than your normal local weekend race.

For me the event is worth the entry money, don't mind that some disagree ;)

that's correct PPA are sponsoring the event and not running the event. So maybe a thanks PPA for sponsoring an event.

Hopefully in the future they can work together with lights by linea. Then cape town will have a cycling calendar similar to 10 years ago. May even have a race in southern suburbs.

Then cape town will have a cycling calendar similar to 10 years ago. May even have a race in southern suburbs.

Might be worth dropping Wayne Roberts and the WP cycling guys a message on that - or posting via their FB pages. They seem pretty pro-active on getting road events going, so if the interest is there maybe they'd help out.

Ek se ook altyd die arme duiwel, hy kry ook die skuld vir alles :clap:

See the entries are already closed, I would love for this race to allow more entrants which would justify the cost of road closures.

Road closures?! :eek: Not with that route...

The entire Paarl will only have one route out - and that is through town to the N1. Wellington will be rather screwed and will have to take back roads to get out of town. Franschoek will be completely cut off except for the looooong way around.

Really don't think that's gonna fly... :ph34r:

So we going back to old route via Franschoek.

This must be an incredible race with sensational views. I'd love to do it one day!