SAd but the Hub is not safe anymore!

Ride4Life

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a situation like that as well, cut my hubs out of the rims, only difference is I gave my rims away for free.

AGREED IF YOU GIVING IT AWAY DIFFERENT STORY

Don't see a problem with that,

the guy is selling rims and tyres (not wheelset).

Probably just cut the spokes to get the hubs out.

......so will you buy a vehicle if the ad pictures show some bullet holes in the door and used "sea-men rain jackets" on the rear seat......?? All I stated was that the picture (IMO) does not contribute to promoting the product......

......so will you buy a vehicle if the ad pictures show some bullet holes in the door and used "sea-men rain jackets" on the rear seat......?? All I stated was that the picture (IMO) does not contribute to promoting the product......

Very similar thing in what you compare.

Spokes can easily be replaced a car door and the other is just rough.

I would buy those rims if I were looking for that item and it were a good buy.

Its not dodgy because a guy cuts spokes, maybe not the brightest thing to do though as Gummi pointed out spokes aren't cheap.

I know you didn't say it was dodgy but HFS1000 and cpt armpies did,

I was merely referring to your post so as not to be confused with the original topic.

Have you seen what spokes cost lately.

Maybe just lazy, or didn't know how to take the spokes off without damaging the rim/hub

Cut spokes = mmmmm suspect. Why not remove the spokes alltoghether if selling rims and tyres

Some bike shops will charge you to remove the spokes if you want to retain then when re-using your old hubs on a new build ...... LBS would rather just cut it out, especially if the spokes are just average spokes

But Ja, spokes are flipping expensive!

Sorry to hear!

Wow, glad you still alive to tell the tale...

Always meet at a Police Station or somewhere in Public...