SWEEPING THE CYCLE LANE IN THE CRADLE

JMK1

This should be good news to all of us who use the cycle lanes in the Cradle..

As we are all aware the cycle lane has many sections that have broken glass,sand,stones and various other debris that forces cyclists out of the cycle lane.

Tomorrow 11th October we will be doing the first sweep of a large section of the Cradle.

Hako Cleaning Equipment (EQSTRA) in association with the PPA and some of the major cycling clubs have been working on this for a while, and tomorrow will be the official start up.

We will be starting at the Lion and Rhino park at 9.30am with the aim of doing a +-55km section.

We see this as a win win situation for all who use the Cradle..a service to the cyclists and hopefully the by keeping the cyclists in the lanes the other road users will be less inconvienenced.

I will be taking the opportunity to get some time in the saddle as well!! So I will be riding along with my operator...if anybody would like to join us for a while or just come past and say hello and see what we are doing.....please do!

cheers

Jonathan 0828966374

Well done !

I will unfortunately be away this weekend ( Amashova) however will surely assist with this in the future !

I were pondering this matter this morning while in the cradle on training ride . . . There are quite a lot of debris on the stretch from the circle to cradle restaurant . . . ( from todburry's side - anti-clock wise round)

Thank you for this initiative !

Great news, thanks.

+-55km? The Valverde loop is 28k's, so please tell me that the plan is to do that section on both sides of the road.

Am I reading right? PPA helping out in the north??? :huh:

Hako Cleaning Equipment (EQSTRA) in association with the PPA and some of the major cycling clubs have been working on this for a while, and tomorrow will be the official start up.

I would love to help but unfortunately will also be away this weekend for the Amashova. Please let us know if there is any thing happening next week.

Edited by garyvdm

Great news, thanks.

+-55km? The Valverde loop is 28k's, so please tell me that the plan is to do that section on both sides of the road.

We will be doing both sides from Lion & Rhino to the caves and back to the top circle before Toadbury as well as the section to Kloofzicht.We can only do the designated cycle lanes...

I would love to help but unfortunately will also be away this weekend for the Amashova. Please let us know if there is any thing happening next week.

We plan to do this once a month.

Apparently..yes!

Good on them! Seeing that a lot of people of the north do the Argus......