[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #5 Down & Dirty

Tim_Fair

Well organised and ejoyable event. Not tough, but that was made clear to all in advance. Well done Advedurance.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome organization. Nice route too. Enjoyed the cruise in the middle part of the race....

Have to say they could have skipped out the rocky section at Smuts House. But that's just me, as I dislike anything remotely technical.

No complaints from me just compliments, well organized no bottlenecks to talk of even with starting in a later group. Thank you.

Any one know where we can get the photos and see the video taken fron the drone and heli?

As well as the normal photographer photos?

Enjoyed it but now im tired... Walking in the mall with my wife and legs feel ouch

Have ridden in all 5 Nissan Trailseeker. The best was left till last!.......The venue and organisation was the best todate. The route was nice to round off the year series. I was concerned about bottlenecks but there werent any noteworthy of comment. Well done team......Will be back next year :clap:

Any one know where we can get the photos and see the video taken fron the drone and heli?

As well as the normal photographer photos?

Enjoyed it but now im tired... Walking in the mall with my wife and legs feel ouch

I believe it was PhotoMarx who took pictures on the trail and the rest will be posted on the "Nissan Trailseeker" FB page. https://www.facebook.com/trailseekermtb

I also enjoyed the race tremendously! Well Done Advendurance!

F batch pulled out of the start gates so fast I was left to suffocate in the dust... Brilliant fast middle section, helped to push up the average big time. Rocky sections at the end was very scary so I opted to walk like most of the riders around me, take my hat of to the few that attempted by MTB.

Eina!!

Better than last year and I loved the rocky technical section not too far from the end, it separated the men from the boys.

I unfortunately picked up 2 punctures simultaneously(front and rear) 8km into the race which I had to plug, so the rest from that point was rather painful trying to not concede too much time.

Thanks Tim. :thumbup:

I was one of the boys that walked the technical rocky decent (along with everybody else on that section!). So I need some advice! how should you approach that bit? Careful and slowly zig-zag through the rocks of up the speed, choose a line and pray?

I was one of the boys that walked the technical rocky decent (along with everybody else on that section!). So I need some advice! how should you approach that bit? Careful and slowly zig-zag through the rocks of up the speed, choose a line and pray?

Momentum is your friend, the rest is choosing a line with the least amount of sharp rocks to avoid sidewall cuts or bashing through and knocking your rim (although if your bashing rims it is because you are too stiff/tense on the bike and/or tire pressure way too low.) It is easier to ride over most of the rocks than trying to knit pick through them.

edit: spelling

Edited by Helpmytrap

Momentum is your friend, the rest is choosing a line with the least amount of sharp rocks to avoid sidewall cuts or bashing through and knocking your rim (although if your bashing rims it is because you are too stiff/tense on the bike and/or tire pressure way too low.) It is easier to ride over most of the rocks than trying to knit pick through them.

edit: spelling

Until you go over the bars and pitch for work on monday with your arm in a sling .Remember what happened at. Van Gaalen,s with similar descent

Also thouroghly enjoyed the race, organizing was good, nice and fast, was my first nissan trailseeker race, and my budd's first mtb race. Thnx for the staff at the registration point for sorting my problem out, without hassles, much appreciated. See you guys next year for a full series.

Until you go OTB and pitch for work on Monday with your arm in a sling. Remember what happened at Van Gaalen's with similar descent?

Simple really, let go of the front brake. Sure it is easier said then done but a lot of falls occur because people are on their front brakes (because they are outside their comfort zone at that point.)

Al

Simple really, let go of the front brake. Sure it is easier said then done but a lot of falls occur because people are on their front brakes (because they are outside their comfort zone at that point.)

100% All your control on a descent is in the back brakes. your front wheel controls direction you want to go.

POINT and SHOOT. Pick your line in advance, i learnt when racing enduro motorbikes , you should look at least 4 meters ahead and the bike will follow.

If you look at the rock you going to ride over the rock.

My 5c worth

PS i really enjoyed the race and the rocky section, had 2 guys bail infront of me! waited and helped until they were clear and then flat out again.

go ride Groenkloof en get used to rocks - so that they dont scare you - the more you ride the easier it is to navigate rocky sections , but if everyone walk its diffiult to ride rocky sections

practice makes perfect - and once you start getting it right its like awsome to ride you will LOVE it

Well done Tim and co., you definitely improved on last year and to have a race of this size without bottlenecks is quite an achievement. Good to see learning from previous years being factored in and new problems not being introduced, hats off to you !! This year I managed all 5 races and it was great to have a thread of this series running through the year, otherwise it's all random events, the continuity of a series like this was great to add on top of the other events, appreciate it !

Great day out! Loved the route, the climbs and descents were all ridden (at least in my batch) and that made it even better. Loved the series, will do it again next year! (Maybe add the MTN series as well)