Rant: Chris Willemse

Lone_Ranger

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This have anything to do with your new city slicker ride?

Yeah, still not resolved and one really annoyed and pissed of client right now.

I was preparing to rant, but I can have a lukewarm rave instead.

Here's a synopsis of my very recent experience with CWC.

• Order fork online :drool:
  • receive wrong size fork (26v29) :oops:
  • call them to rectify the problem - they sent a courier same-day to collect incorrect fork
  • Chatted to the guys, they had oversold the fork I wanted - no stock :cursing:
  • I asked them to make a plan.
  • They told me they found me a similar fork, I agreed that the fork would work.
  • I received a fork the next day :thumbup:
  • I inspected the fork, it had obviously been on a bike - the steerer was cut and it was a bit grimy. :cursing:
  • I emailed them expressing my disappointment on receiving a "used/demo" fork as I thought I was buying a new one.
  • They apologised and explained they had no stock and removed a fork from a new bike in the shop for me.
  • I asked for some kind of compensation for the difference between a new vs demo fork.
  • They gave me a voucher for the shop for what I consider a fair value. :thumbup:

Was my experience with them great? No.

Did they work with me to solve the issues? Yes.

My conclusion: **** happens - it's how you deal with it is what matters.

Yeah, still not resolved and one really annoyed and pissed of client right now.

I speak under correction, but didnt you buy the first bike at greenpoint? What could have happened since last month?

• call them to rectify the problem - they sent a courier same-day to collect incorrect fork
  • I inspected the fork, it had obviously been on a bike - the steerer was cut and it was a bit grimy. :cursing:
  • I emailed them expressing my disappointment on receiving a "used/demo" fork as I thought I was buying a new one.
  • They apologised and explained they had no stock and removed a fork from a new bike in the shop for me.
  • I asked for some kind of compensation for the difference between a new vs demo fork.
  • They gave me a voucher for the shop for what I consider a fair value. :thumbup:

exactly and also how you plan to avoid making the same mistakes again.

They made a plan (good), but sold you a used/demo item without informing you (dishonest - BAD).

Tjop move, CWC. Please get your act back together sharpish. I don't want any disappointments in my next order!

so let me get this right, they sold you something and sent you the wrong thing, then told you they had no stock so they provided you with a USED product under the guise of being new

My question is this - what if you had not noticed that the fork was used, would they have done anything - of course not. They have basically tried to slide a skelm in there and leave the ball in your court to do something about it. Now you have to sheepishly go in and explain that they have got it wrong for the third time.and you are HAPPY?? seriously?

Edited by Stretch

Guest DieBees

to all the critics out there, junior and the team are the most professional up to date store in the country. it is high time they open up a store in Gauteng. time to show the LBS how its done.

I strongly disagree!

But you are entitled to your opinion.

so let me get this right, they sold you something and sent you the wrong thing, then told you they had no stock so they provided you with a USED product under the guise of being new

My question is this - what if you had not noticed that the fork was used, would they have done anything - of course not. They have basically tried to slide a skelm in there and leave the ball in your court to do something about it. Now you have to sheepishly go in and explain that they have got it wrong for the third time.and you are HAPPY?? seriously?

Happy? No. Satisfied with what I got vs what I paid? Yes.

I ended up with a 29er SID RL Dual Air with tapered steerer for R3750.

I am also satisfied with how they acknowledged their faults and tried to do what they could to satisfy a customer.

I will say that they need to improve their pre-ship quality control and their inventory control systems.

I speak under correction, but didnt you buy the first bike at greenpoint? What could have happened since last month?

A lot, I got jinxed. The less said the better at his moment in time. Well seems even more disappointment as of 2 mins ago. Where is that crying emoticon, they are coming to the party though, but I bought a bike and not ridden it since I bought it.

CWC fan or no CWC fan - one can't ignore the fact that complaints are becoming alarmingly common, and not only on The Hub. Maybe it's just me but this is not the CWC I got to know a few years back...

Happy? No. Satisfied with what I got vs what I paid? Yes.

I ended up with a 29er SID RL Dual Air with tapered steerer for R3750.

I am also satisfied with how they acknowledged their faults and tried to do what they could to satisfy a customer. - although they would not have done anything if you had not identified that the item was used

I will say that they need to improve their pre-ship quality control and their inventory control systems.

from this thread I get that impression too

I will add this though, they are bending over backwards to put this right, which I am now more then happy about, and they are more then coming to the party, seems they are willing to bring it me. I will follow up with the full story next week.

I realise mistakes happen, and it's how a shop sorts it out. Two thumbs up to Chris Snr & Chris Jr :thumbup: :thumbup:

With reference to my earlier post that I've just deleted I want to apologise to CWC. I just received a call from Chris Jnr and the item at the higher price was in fact a different crank length to the one I was looking for. Again my apologies and well done to CWC on their quick response to sort this out.

Edited by Broker