[Event] Durbanville High School Funride

Berry

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Windguru forecast slightly stronger winds for Sat. 12km/h ESE wind, gusts of 16km/h. Temp in the region of 20deg C.

Still a whole lot better than last weekend.

Windguru forecast slightly stronger winds for Sat. 12km/h ESE wind, gusts of 16km/h. Temp in the region of 20deg C.

Still a whole lot better than last weekend.

Anything better than last weekend. Someone coined it the 'One Donner' on Strava.

Anything better than last weekend. Someone coined it the 'One Donner' on Strava.

Agreed, a thousand times :clap:

that's the worst Muggs I've eva been to...even McDonalds is better :whistling:

Hehe, ok didn't know - Have never actually eaten there.

But there's always lots of cyclists there over weekends. So at least they appear to be cyclist friendly..

I need to buy some co2 cartriges and the adapter will there b a place to buy this @the race in the morning

I need to buy some co2 cartriges and the adapter will there b a place to buy this @the race in the morning

Don't think so.

I'll bring some along

That was cool. Fortunatly it was not as windy out in Durbanville as it is here in the CBD!

The last 10 km's really dragged on with slightly bigger bunches and loads of shorter distance riders on the route.

I'm not even sure what group I started in - meant to be I, but started with a lot of K, L & M riders. I was standing at the back where the 'I' board was, but there were no announcements or anything. Oh well, next time. :)

Guest Frail4Life

Home!

After 95km detour???

Stay away from Table View, Koeberg intersection, just crazy down there.

Great ride, nice work out.

Off to do some work!

Will post some pics Later, IF i dont fall Asleep!

First highlight of the race for me - that weird feeling when you sitting cosily in the middle of a large group, only to look over your shoulder and see a vast open space behind you - never realised we dropped half the group!

Well done to group G for catching us (E - F) at Paardeberg, actually a bit embarrasing! :blush: Only problem then was the group was waaayyyy to big, made for some hair raising moments..

Second highlight was meeting & greeting F.R.A.I.L about 3km from the end :thumbup:

Third highlight for me, finishing with the group, thats a first for me

And lastly, was again impressed by the organisation and enthusiasm of the cheerleaders & volunteers at waterpoints, well done Durbanville High!