Best value complete carbon road package?

bikebefok

Missed the carbon part

Cannondale CAAD10

It looks a lovely bike and it's probably a much nicer Alu frame than my cheap Planet X, but I intend to spend the next several paycheques on either a carbon frame to build up or a carbon "package" to get a discounted gruppo. The hunger has begun and I must have a new bike.

It looks a lovely bike and it's probably a much nicer Alu frame than my cheap Planet X, but I intend to spend the next several paycheques on either a carbon frame to build up or a carbon "package" to get a discounted gruppo. The hunger has begun and I must have a new bike.

Why must it be carbon?

Giant TCR...?

Or maybe some of the Argon 18 deals going about... or even some or the 50% off deals at Chain Reaction Cycles that are going down at the moment. You can get a complete carbon with Di2 for the price of a Di group set here at the moment.

Edited by hellocolour

Because I've never owned or ridden a carbon fibre bike and I want one.

Good enough reason. Look, I've owned and ridden everything from 531 through to Columbus, then Vitus and up into Alu and alu carbon mix, titanium and into carbon.

Despite the resurgence of steel and the rest, a carbon ride is the best choice, esp if it's your only road bike. I was recently riding a couple of different frames in a short time frame in different conditions in Europe and yup, if i had more that one ride I'd have a carbon, a mix (like a BMC SLX as it's a great classics bike) and then a Steel and titanium for sh*ts and giggles.

I don't though, I have one race bike that is my training bike when I strap on different wheels, it's carbon and it works for everything.

The giant tcr advanced from cajees will be a decent value package.

Otherwise, take a look at the following If brands aren't too important:

Black spade

Concept

Booth

They'll at least have well priced carbon frame sets and Wheelsets, add your grouppo and some bars and you're away.

That said, 2013 bikes are now going on special everywhere, so scout your lbs and see what kinda deals they can put together.

Thanks guys, some good ideas up in here. Brand loyalty means nothing to me but if I really had to start being awkward I might add that I hate red bikes, weigh 85 kg and want at least a 60cm frame. I do have some options on the table, but I was hoping for some external opinions, so far you're delivering.

The nice thing with the three brands I mentioned is that they will pretty much do any decal colour/style you want. They are just re branded Chinese carbon with a local warrantee, but if you take the time to read the Chinese carbon thread, there's more than enough evidence that that's far from a bad thing. Of course, you could make it even more fun by sourcing your own Chinese carbon frame and parts to build it with. And budget will be well sorted too!

Check out sites like:

Flyxii

Dengfu

Hongfu

It's a start and a great alternative to getting Bent by the name brands...

The nice thing with the three brands I mentioned is that they will pretty much do any decal colour/style you want. They are just re branded Chinese carbon with a local warrantee, but if you take the time to read the Chinese carbon thread, there's more than enough evidence that that's far from a bad thing. Of course, you could make it even more fun by sourcing your own Chinese carbon frame and parts to build it with. And budget will be well sorted too!

Check out sites like:

Flyxii

Dengfu

Hongfu

It's a start and a great alternative to getting Bent by the name brands...

Yes indeed, well aware of the Chinese carbon option. Wasn't aware Black Spade was a rebrander too. Not yet decided if I want to go that route yet. Appreciate the tip though. Had the chance to look very closely at a "Chinarello" recently and was not very impressed by build quality. Unsure which factory it came out of. You guys are great.

I take it you want a brand new ride rather than a pre loved...

Nothing wrong with the rebranders. Alot of established brands are doing it and then looking to produce a semi custom frames for themselves a few years down the line.

Companies like Planet X and Chain Reaction are moving into that market now with Planet X main brand mostly off the shelf models and buying brands like Holdsworth and (maybe) SAB / Guerciotti, Chain Reaction recently bought and revived Vitus and have made no bones that they buy all ready existing carbon frames and use the CRC network / buying power to spec very well at crazy prices.