ATTACKS IN PTA EAST

JRH

You're right guys, this is happening far too often and I will write to the newspapers to do my part to get this crap sorted out.

Hi I am a reporter from eNuus/eNews - we'd like to do a story.

Do you have a contact number for me?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw on the eBlaockwatch FB page that they will meet with Captain Steenkamp of the Garsfontein SAPS on Monday to discuss these attacks. I suggested they invite him for a bike ride from Mooikloof to Woodhill on Wednesday afternoon. Lekker downhill, suitable for all levels of fitness... I will arrange a bike.

Thanks for your involvement!

See my post about eBlackwatches meeting with the SAPS on Monday.

Ag shame. Poor innocent dude. Was the guy with a bullet hole in his helmet guilty? Was he maybe robbing the "robber" and things turned sour? I don't think so.

No i don't have a helmet with a bullet hole in but i do have knife scar and a crushed helmet and broken nose from a large rock smashed on me to stop me fighting back when i was bike jacked. Angry as i still am i would not want go round randomly beating up anyone i see as you propose.

Edited by scotty

Thanks DanniD, I PM'd you my number.

This suck so bad!!

On Sunday morning I was planning on taking some noobs out on the Boschkop route down the spoor, and I was actually relieved when I woke up and it rained. I was **** scared of going out on the bike after the events last week. This is not how it should be!! Anyone else felt like this the last week?

My mates and I ride the section behind Moreleta, crossing over Garsfontein towards Atterburry on a weekly basis so now we have to cut that part out. I know that crimes hits every province in SA, but after reading in Bicycling the article about the old ballies riding in Tulbach, I have to say that the WC is calling really loud now.

It wasn't a group of riders this evening that were shot at it was just me and another guy from Parkview Night Riders (PNR). The place where we were almost bike-jacked was going down Garsfontein road from Mooikloof a few hundred metres before Woodlands shopping centre. As we approached these two guys the one guy tried to pull something out his pocket and it looked like they were going to attack us, we sped up and the next thing we heard three shots fire at us. We didn't look back and just carried on cycling.

Hi Druffster!

I work for Beeld newspaper and would really like to talk to you about the incident and wright something about the unsafe are. Would you mind please sending me some more information or perhaps a contact number? If you don't want to post it online you can mail it to elaine.swanepoel@beeld.com

I would appreciate it very much!

Kind Regards

Hi Druffster!

I work for Beeld newspaper and would really like to talk to you about the incident and wright something about the unsafe are. Would you mind please sending me some more information or perhaps a contact number? If you don't want to post it online you can mail it to elaine.swanepoel@beeld.com

I would appreciate it very much!

Kind Regards

Thanks a lot for your involvement.

This suck so bad!!

On Sunday morning I was planning on taking some noobs out on the Boschkop route down the spoor, and I was actually relieved when I woke up and it rained. I was **** scared of going out on the bike after the events last week. This is not how it should be!! Anyone else felt like this the last week?

My mates and I ride the section behind Moreleta, crossing over Garsfontein towards Atterburry on a weekly basis so now we have to cut that part out. I know that crimes hits every province in SA, but after reading in Bicycling the article about the old ballies riding in Tulbach, I have to say that the WC is calling really loud now.

I ride exactly the same route and now had to change it. This is nonsense. A couple of criminals are keeping all of us hostage.

The guys from eBlockwatch posted on Facebook that they met with Captain Steenkamp of the SAPS Garsfontein. He undertook to post a vehicle in Garsfontein Road at 18:00 every Thursday night. Like probably all of you, I take notice of this ingenious plan to prevent a certain murder from being committed and would hereby like to convey my sincerest gratitude towards the SAPS, once again acting outside the limits of their capabilities.

I never knew that criminals keep schedules....

The marked police vehicle will stand out like a sore thumb. They will stay there for no more than 30 minutes before it is their shift change at 19:00. Steenkamp could have designated one or two policemen to keep observation in the area, to identify the suspects and maybe arrest them. Random searches in the area could have caused the fire-arm to be located. Questioning of the people in the area might reveal the suspects, but will at the very least create the impression that the SAPS is busy doing something and might have deterred the criminals.

I anticipated such a response, but nevertheless underestimated the predictability of SAPS.

What now?

Does anyone know if the 'informal' plotwag out Bashewa way would be interested in, erm, some light duties in the area? Actually, lemme chat to one of them quickly and give feedback. They're good at sorting rubbish out.

OK the Bashewa guys don't roam that close to the city. Great pity, they know what they're doing and would've love to sort that **** out. Apparently it's quite crazy out by them at the moment as well ...

OK the Bashewa guys don't roam that close to the city. Great pity, they know what they're doing and would've love to sort that **** out. Apparently it's quite crazy out by them at the moment as well ...

What do you mean with “quite crazy by them”? Are there bike jacking’s in that are now as well? I heard rumours about issues at Rosemary Hill last week, but that was only rumours and nothing confirmed. Is the Bashewa are now also a red zone?

The guys from eBlockwatch posted on Facebook that they met with Captain Steenkamp of the SAPS Garsfontein. He undertook to post a vehicle in Garsfontein Road at 18:00 every Thursday night. Like probably all of you, I take notice of this ingenious plan to prevent a certain murder from being committed and would hereby like to convey my sincerest gratitude towards the SAPS, once again acting outside the limits of their capabilities.

I never knew that criminals keep schedules....

The marked police vehicle will stand out like a sore thumb. They will stay there for no more than 30 minutes before it is their shift change at 19:00. Steenkamp could have designated one or two policemen to keep observation in the area, to identify the suspects and maybe arrest them. Random searches in the area could have caused the fire-arm to be located. Questioning of the people in the area might reveal the suspects, but will at the very least create the impression that the SAPS is busy doing something and might have deterred the criminals.

I anticipated such a response, but nevertheless underestimated the predictability of SAPS.

What now?

what!? expect the police to do actual police work? this is the SAPS we're talking about....

what!? expect the police to do actual police work? this is the SAPS we're talking about....

Back in the late eighties and early nineties I was a Cop stationed in the east and what this Captain says he is gonna do clearly shows the ineptness of the SAPS.

I had two trucks and trailers stolen some time ago, the genius cop says to me unless I bring him a suspect he not gonna do anything.................go figure.

It's real sad that we live in such a lekker place but are held ransom from time to time by criminals and cops who cannot identify them and take action.

Sadly my faith in the SAPS is ZERO.......

Enough ranting,